30

"How's it going? Living out all your wild sexual fantasies?"

Harry frowned down at his bare thighs, where he was curled up on the couch on the balcony outside Louis' room. It was 8:30 in the morning and he'd already gone for a run down the beach, took a shower, and changed back into a clean pair of pajamas. He was looking forward to getting back in bed with Louis but he decided to call Niall first, while he had the privacy.

"Not funny, Ni. We haven't done anything. He won't even kiss me. I feel like the most inadequate sugar baby ever."

"Wait, seriously? I thought for sure..."

"Well, whatever, you were wrong. He doesn't want me even though I've been throwing myself at him, and I'll only be here for two more days so there's not much I can do to change his mind."

"Harry-"

"No. He doesn't like me. Either that or he has more self-control than any other alpha in the world, but I don't think that's the case."

Niall sighed on the other end of the line. "I don't know, pet. Remember I told you he's really guarded? It could just be that."

Harry refused to believe it. Mostly because the little sliver of hope made his heart ache so much. "But why would he be guarded? I'm literally laying all my cards on the table, spelling it out for him."

Niall was quiet for a moment. "I don't think you recognize how intimidating you are, Harry."

"What?"

"Yeah, you're intimidating. Not in a bad way, either, I just mean that you're a feisty omega. You're independent and so smart. And don't forget really beautiful, of course. It's a lot for people to handle."

Harry pursed his lips and wrapped his arms around himself for comfort. The morning was kind of chilly and Harry tried hard to be placated by Niall's words, but the point was that Louis would've done something by now if he wanted him. So obviously he didn't want him. It was as simple as that.

"Look, he'll come around, I know he will. I'm sure he's a little starstruck in your presence, and he'll get over it eventually. Just give him a chance to get over his shock at how amazing you are."

That made Harry laugh, lips curling. "Stop bullshitting me."

"I'm not!" Niall chuckled. "Just trust me on this. You guys would be great together. I just know it."

"Whatever you say..."

"Don't worry about it, seriously, it'll be okay. How about you get back in bed and I'll call Lou in a bit to try to nudge him in the right direction? I promise I won't say anything about what you've told me."

Harry's heart swelled at the sweet offer. "You'd do that for me? Really?"

"'Course, pet."

A/N: how's it going? any thoughts or predictions? don't forget to vote! love you <3