A Thought

Sunset Shimmer had been distracted lately. Distracted from everything in general. Schoolwork, her summer job, everything. And it was all because of the Dance Magic video that she and her friends had filmed a while ago. It had been an absolute hit, and filming it had been really fun, but there was one snippet of it that had always stuck in her mind.

That was the section that appeared twice in the whole video - the part where she had danced with Applejack. It had taken quite a few tries to film, for some reason, but it had been fun, to say the least. Sunset had never thought about it much until now, and she wondered why.

Applejack had been circling het mind for a good few days. Why? she asked herself. It didn't make much sense. She found that she had an urge to dance with Applejack again, in the same way that they had in the video.

And there she was, sitting in a nearly-empty sandwich store in the late evening, staring down at the screen of her phone, which showed that by tapping the screen once, she would be able to call the farm girl. She pondered it for two minutes. Then five had passed, and, soon enough, ten. She sighed. It was now or never, really, and Applejack was a good friend. Calling wouldn't do any harm.

She tapped the screen and gingerly picked up the device. She heard the ringtone.

"Yello?"

"Hey, Applejack! How are you?" Sunset asked, biting her lip. She positioned the phone between her ear and shoulder so that her hands were free and she sipped aggressively on her iced tea.

"Howdy, Sunset! I'm doin' just fine. Why are ya callin' so late in the day?"

Sunset glanced out the window and noticed that it was completely dark now. She averted her gaze to the clock above the entrance door. Eight thirty in the evening.

"Well, uh, I'm sorry to bother you, AJ, but-"

"Oh, you ain't botherin' me!" Sunset heard the blonde laugh. "I'm just here at the farm relaxin' on the couch for once. Carry on."

Sunset smiled. She was glad to hear that Applejack was getting some rest. She sure deserved it.

"Well, that's great, Applejack. I just, uh, was wondering if maybe you wanted to come over to my place? Or I could go to yours. I-I know it's late, but it's the weekend and all that..."

Sunset could practically hear Applejack smile. "Sure, I'll go over to yours!" she said kindly. "Be there in fifteen."

"Thanks, Applejack. I needed the company is all."

"Sure thing, Sunshim. Bye."

Sunset hung up after a good few seconds. She smiled to herself.