To Speak

Sunset found herself walking rapidly towards her apartment. She told herself not to get so worked up - after all, Applejack was just coming over for a little laugh, right? Nothing more.

She sighed to herself and unlocked her door. She went in and spent quite a long time tidying the place up so that she didn't seem like a slob, which she often was. She swallowed after putting on some comfy, clean clothes and waited patiently on the couch.

One minute later than she had said, Applejack knocked on the door. Sunset was quick to open it and giggled as she greeted her friend.

Applejack came in. "Nice place ya got here, Sunset. I don't think I've ever been in here before."

"Oh, well, it's alright," Sunset said nervously. She sat back down on the couch and the blonde joined her.

"So, did ya want to talk about something?" Applejack asked.

Sunset gulped. "Uhh, not particularly?"

"You sure?"

"Sort of."

Applejack smiled and leaned back in her seat in the armchair across from Sunset. "Spit it out," she said encouragingly.

Sunset sighed and looked downwards, blushing slightly. "I was wondering if you wanted to dance."

Applejack blinked twice and then stared at her flustered friend. "Dance?" she repeated, quite taken aback.

"Like in the video," Sunset murmured extremely softly.

"The video?"

"You know. Dance Magic."

The memory came back to Applejack. "Oh. Well, I mean, sure!" She smiled as if it was funny. "Of course we can dance."

"You- what- really?" Sunset said softly, looking back up at her friend.

"Sure. C'mon, then." She got up and grabbed her phone. "I'll play somethin'. What kind of dance are we doin'?"

Sunset's eyes stared at Applejack. "A slow one," she replied.