Chapter 46: Forever

We pulled up to the massive castle and although I've seen it before, it just felt so much more different this time around.

I bit my lip and held Lucien's hand a bit tighter.

"It'll be okay, I'll be right beside you the whole time Kiddo." He said softly into my ear before kissing the side of my head.

The car stopped and I pushed open the door getting out and stepping aside as Lucien got out.

He shut the door and we were first greeted by Thomas who gave us both a small smile, "You must be Lucien." He said holding a hand out to Luce.

I watched Lucien shake his hand and then I noticed Thomas eyeing him over, "You're his favorite. He'd never say it but you're definitely your fathers favorite." He laughed and I watched Lucien break into a small grin.

How could he not be his favorite?

Entwining my fingers with Luce's I smiled up at Thomas, "Good to see you again." I said watching him nod, "You too Vydia. Come, let's get you both to your rooms. Anne's preoccupied with a gathering dinner party to make you ladies and men feel more comfortable." He said before walking us inside.

Our bags were being taken up by two other men dressed in guards uniforms.

Thomas stared back at me, "There's a few things you need to know about Vangsvere. It isn't like most academy's." He said as we went up the stairs.

We went to the level with the rooms and I looked to Anne's room watching a guy walk out and shut it behind him while pulling his shirt on.

I looked to Thomas and he scowled at the guy, "Kai, are you helping with the set up?" He asked the guy.

Kai eyed Lucien over, "Yeah, I'm getting to it." He looked so angry.

I stepped aside as he walked down the stairs, "He looks pissed." Lucien commented.

Thomas scoffed, "The guys a fucking idiot. To think my daughters married to that guy, of all the god damn people." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

Wait, "Anne's married?" I asked surprised.

He nodded, "To help create-Don't worry about it. You'll learn all there is when the time comes. He shouldn't even be in her room." He said gesturing for us to follow him.

I headed with him feeling curious.

He really doesn't seem like her type.

Thomas opened a door and gestured for us to go in, "I'll be sending Lincoln up later to make sure you both understand the basics of this place. Until then, shower maybe rest." He said before shutting the door behind him.

I stared at the room and smirked, "A whole room just for us." I said trying to ignore the jitters.

It's so weird that Anne is married.

Was she married when I came too?

These rooms are so accommodating, they even have bathrooms.

Lucien gave me a look, "You're thinking about useless things to get your mind off him. Don't worry Vydia, we'll meet him and we'll talk with him." He said brushing my hair back.

Right.

A knock came to the door and I eyed it before Lucien called for them to come in.

The door opened and I watched Lincoln poke his head in. I remember him from last time I came here, he was very friendly.

"Hi Lincoln." I said smiling over at him.

He stepped inside and smiled wider, "Oh you brought your husband- I mean your boyfriend. Ha, husband....my bad." He said nervously.