□ | chapter twelve

sunhigh came quickly , light spilling through the bare branches overhead

sunhigh came quickly , light spilling through the bare branches overhead . at last they had made it into coveclan ' s territory of lush , thick green foilage and towering oaks . a cool breeze swept past , creaking the bare boughs of the oaks as the marshclan felines trudged onward , led by pondstar .

the grass underpaw was soft underneath their paw pads , unlike the roughness of moorclan territory or the wetness of their former territory . however , leaf - bare was beginning to taint the beautiful landscape , and the greenery was loosing it ' s lush coloring .

a clear scent of feline touched each of the marshclan cats ' nostrils . ears pricked and muscles tensed as pondstar raised her tail for a halt . the tall , lean gray tabby relaxed and let her long tail droop to the ground . her forest green eyes searched the land beyond , and a purr erupted from her throat when a small group of felines emerged from the underbrush .

a golden tabby molly waved her tail in greeting , stunning blue eyes shining with warmth . " pondstar , " the tabby greeted with a purr , dipping her head in respect .

milkpaw recognized the stunning cat at once . her beauty was known throughout the clans ; not only her beauty from the outside , but also from within . shiningsky !

shiningsky was only an apprentice when milkpaw was about five moons old . she was the only apprentice that cared for the kits and the queens and didn ' t mind doing any dirty work . milkpaw had faint memories of shiningsky always delivering her and rowanpaw the plumpest piece of prey after a hunting patrol . not only that , but she would occasionally tell them stories of her adventures on the beach and was always polite to azaleaflame .

shiningsky was an over achiever and was well respected despite her young age .

rowanpaw relaxed beside his sister and started forward with a slight hesitance before following through with his actions . the somali bounded forward , a smile forming on his muzzle . milkpaw followed with more caution .

a gray , black , and white tabby followed behind shiningsky , another golden tabby at the newcomers side .

ploversong and birdpaw , milkpaw recited the two names in her head . birdpaw was shiningsky ' s sibling . they were of the same litter , it was just that birdpaw had been held back from his warrior ceremony . the tom was arrogant and acted on his own . he and shiningsky were opposites of eachother . milkpaw remembered the fateful day when birdpaw had ran recklessly onto the thunderpath that divided moorclan and coveclan territory .

snowflicker — oakpath ' s mother — risked her life to save birdpaw and had died in the end due to birdpaw ' s recklessness . coralstar decided to hold back birdpaw from becoming a warrior until he acted like one .