Chapter 7

"Libby's POV"

After I left this morning I head to the Waffle Hut off route 109 like I do every year on my birthday. It was the only time I ever came. Reminded me to much of my mom. When I was little she used to take me here every year for my birthday. She would say how lucky she was to have such a beautiful daughter like me. And honestly I would believe her.

I haven't felt very beautiful lately though. I really hoped I'd be getting a clean slate when I started at the U and for the most part I have. Kat and Jay are nice enough. They seem to be good people. My classes are great except for music lab. I just. I can't get passed the whole Parker thing. I know Drew thinks I should be more open to the idea. Let him in a bit but he doesn't understand.

I don't trust him. He's 6 feet of abrecrombie + Hugo Boss + horrible Englishman + Heath ledger in Ten Things I Hate About You. Parker was basically the perfect guy that I had always wanted and he seem like an honest, good guy but at the same time I couldn't get my head around someone being that perfect. On Friday went he woke me up he looked genuinely concerned and I shut him out. He hasn't woken me up since.

"The usual?" Darlene, the owner/waitress/cook/advice giver of the Waffle Hut, asked filling up my coffee cup.

I looked up at her for a moment. She had been like a grandma to me all these years. Hearing all my stories since I could talk. She was my mom's favorite person in the world and now she was mine. "You know me to well Darlene."

I watched the cars fly by on the high way out the window. Today was nice, sunny, so sitting next to the window I could feel the sun beams warming me up. It's amazing how beautiful a day can be yet it only makes me feel worst. My 11th birthday was the worst day of my life and every year I get to relive it. My brother thinks that I should try and forget about it. Have a party, hang out with some friends, just try and get my mind off it. I mean honestly how can I forget a thing like that.

"What's on your mind honey bunch?" Darlene asked as she set down my food.

"I. Um. I don't really know. It not as bad this year. Yet at the same time I feel like that might be worse."

"That's great sweetie. But how is it worse?" Darlene sits down across the booth and I take a drink of my coffee.

"I'm not supposed to be happy Darlene. It's been 8 years. 8. And I still can't even talk to a man with out hating him. Drew thinks my new Parker roommate situation will help me but I can't even look at him. All of this just makes me miss mom. And how if she were here she would be talking about how Parker and I are destined for each other. Hell if she were here none of this would have happened and I would probably agree with her. But she's not. And I'm not supposed to be happy. And I feel like I can't breathe. Yet all around me I can see everyone flying."

"Libby, you listen here and you listen good. You of all people deserve to be happy. More than anything you deserve to be happy. That's what you mother would have wanted. You are the most beautiful girl in the world and nothing, and I mean nothing, can hold you back. Don't let that one birthday ruin the rest. If there's one bad peach does that mean I'm not gonna make peach pie for y'all. No. So if for nothing else, just try to be the you before you turned 11, for me." With that Darlene got up to sit a customer who just walked in and I was left thinking.

Guess who's back!!!! Me that's right.

I've decided to turn this story in to a short story to make it easier. Comment what you think of Darlene and don't worry she'll be back!

Vote, comment, follow, and friend!!