21. 𝓟𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷

"I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain"

September 27, 1992

Rochester, NY
9pm
.DeVante.

Izzy has slowly been coming around lately

Izzy has slowly been coming around lately. Everyday I see more and more of the old Izzy coming back which brings me to great relief, because I thought I'd lost her. There's been nights where she'd wake up screaming at 3, 4 o'clock in the morning from a nightmare, and I'd want soo badly to hold her but couldn't. So instead I'd have to just talk her through them. It's like she developed PTSD, whenever someone tried to touch be her in any way, shape, or form she flinches away like they're gonna hurt her. I've been trying to figure out how to slowly bring her out of that. Yeah she can go see a counselor, but we don't trust anyone knowing about the incident right now because the intensity of fame the girls have right now. So, I'm putting matters into my own hands. I'm going to do everything I can to make her comfortable again, starting now.

Coming out of my room I slowly crept down the hall towards her's and placed my ear to the door. She was playing a soft and unfamiliar melody while she hummed a tune. She in here making hits I just know it. A genius. I can see why my bandmates sometimes call her the 'female Swing.' Finally I stopped admiring her sound and knocked on the door before opening it slightly. She didn't look at up first, she kept playing for little bit before stopping to look at me.

"Hey De," she half smiled.

"Hey Iz, uhmm...can I come in?"

"Sure, come."

I walked in and sat beside her on the bed, glancing at the keyboard which stood infront of her on its stand. I peeked at her open music book which read '𝖮𝖫𝖣 𝖲𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖮𝖫 𝖫𝖮𝖵𝖤' at the top of the page.

"You working on a new track?"

"Yeah...but it's nowhere near finished," she shook her head.

"Can I hear what you have so far?"

"Sure..I'll play the melody for you, I don't feel like singing forreal," she said and I nodded before she began to stroke the keys.

(Play from :02-:13 And 1:17-1:29!)

She played a simple but nice melody over and over, harmonizing to it with beautiful hums. I bopped my head to it while she closed her eyes, getting into the flow of it. After a few moments she stopped and opened her eyes back, staring her dark hazel orbs into my light ones.

"What do you think?"

"I like it...love it actually. I can't wait for the finished product," I complimented as she displayed a closed smiled. Silence fell upon us as we both stared at our hands in deep thought. Then I quickly had an idea...