The Store

"You're off to get that conditioner you need?" Elijah questioned as I made my way in the opposite direction.

"Yeah, it'll just be a second. I already know which one it is." I smiled, waving my arm for him to be off.

"Alright, just meet me in the frozen section. I'm craving ice cream." He responded, giving me a toothy grin as he turned to walk away while rubbing his stomach. Elijah always had a sweet tooth but knew his limits in order to keep his healthy build.

Silently strolling past the clothing department and the small beauty section, I made my way into the same aisle as always to grab my Pantene. If Elijah caught me grabbing this for myself, he'd tease me for eternity. But how did anyone expect me to keep my soft locks if not for it? I grumbled slightly to myself in annoyance at the idea of him poking fun at my choice in hair products. I let a soft glare make itself across my face but I quickly chuckled at my childish behavior.

Stopping in front of the shampoos and conditioners, I let out a huff of annoyance at the restocking of the products. Some asshole had rearranged all of them in a different order. As I gazed at each random conditioner that definitely wasn't my usual one, my eyebrows irked in exasperation. Why did they decide that it was a good idea to move everything?

"Need some help?" A familiar voice spoke in a teasing manner. I turned to look at the face of my other best friend's girlfriend. I let out a soft breath of triumph for alas, Ophelia was here to help. Her long, fluffy brunette hair was similar to mine so I grinned at her.

"Thank god. They fucking moved everything, Ophelia." She chuckled at my reaction, simply shrugging her shoulders. A small basket clutched in her hand, she moved in a swift moment to grab the exact bottle that I needed.

"Which brand are you looking for, Lennox?" I cringed at the use of my last name, making a disgusted face.

"Why the formalities? You know I don't like being called by my last name." Playfully glaring at her, she gave me giggle then shrugged her shoulders once again.

"I do it for that exact reason!" Ophelia teased, punching me in the forearm.

"Yeah, yeah. And um I uh-" Blushing a soft pink, I whispered the last part," I use the same brand." She gave me a puzzled look before asking me to repeat myself. I simply shook my head and swiftly grabbed the same bottle as her before rushing out of the aisle. I could hear her loud laughing at my expense before running to catch up to me.

"Oi, wait up!" She spoke, gripping my arm to catch her breath as I continued to speed walk away from her sight.

"W-What do you want?" A blush still adorned my face but began to slightly fade away.

"I not gonna make fun of you for using women's hair product," Ophelia giggled, continuing," Just wanted to see how you were doing. You haven't stopped by Edmond's and I's for a while so I wanted to check up on you since you're here." A bright smile spread across her face as she walked next to me on my way to the frozen aisle.

I guess I hadn't been over in awhile. Edmond and I had been best friends since our childhood, living right next to each other for as long as I can remember when we were young. He had always been there for me, even if he was two years younger than I. We hadn't hung out since we went out for drinks on his twenty first birthday. A month was pretty long I guess.

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Are you guys free next weekend?" Apologizing, I slung my arm around her shoulders.

She gave me a smile that quickly turned into a soft frown, answering," We actually have plans with Lilith and Scarlett. I'd obviously invite you but it's a double date." Giving me an apologetic smile, she continued," We should all hang out sometime though!"