Chapter 3 - Maddy

I lean my head heavily against the door with a light clunk. Shit Maddy.

I am never having delicious green drinks again.

Granted, the guy was bloody hot, like sizzling, oh damn kinda hot, but come on. I shake the thoughts out of my head. I need cookies. I stroll back into the kitchen and automatically pull out the ingredients from pure memory. Baking has always centered me. It's a calm, peaceful experience that clears my mind. Stirring, mixing and folding the batter, watching the ingredients come together, it's my happy place. I completely love my kitchen, and it's definitely worth the little extra rent. It's on the large size, and a mixture of white cupboards with light brown wooden bench tops. A huge window sits above the sink and stretches the length of the benches, letting in a ton of light. There's bits of colours everywhere with bright towels, coloured flower pots containing herbs along the window sill, and fun little trinkets I've picked up at markets. I love colour and brightness. Somewhere between adding the flour and eggs, my mind wonders back to the good looking guy in my bed this morning. The sculpted body, the sexy grin on his face that I caught when he was looking at me in his shirt. I sigh.

I need chocolate.

Turning, I open the top cupboard and grab the bag of chocolate chips from inside, I definitely need these, and drop them into the batter before folding them in. My phone chimes just as I'm popping the first tray into the oven.

"Hey sis, what up?"

"Don't you 'what up' me, what happened to you last night?"

Nora sounds half annoyed as she replies, making my head ache all the more.

"I have no idea what you mean." I say, mostly because I have a sketchy memory about what actually happened last night.

"You stumbled off to the bathroom when I saw Vincent come through the door, and never reappeared. Just sent me a text to say you met someone, and will talk later."

I stare blankly at my kitchen. Well, that explains a few things. I blow out a long slow breath.

"While that might be the case, the only thing I can confirm for sure, is that I definitely left with someone."

My hand covers my face slightly embarrassed to be telling my sister this. Even if it's not exactly a first. Nora snorts out a laugh, but recovers quickly.

"Was he at least hot?"

It's my turn to laugh now, oh she has no idea.

"Devastatingly. Guy was gorgeous. Makes me wish I remembered more.... Hang on, I need to check the cookies."

"Wait, your making cookies? Wow, he really got to you... Hold up, your making cookies and only just mention this now? Be there in ten."

Her words are a rush as she hangs up. I laugh as I check the oven and pop the cookies, that I know aren't going to last long, out. Soft, gooey and chocolatey. Perfect.

Nora strolls into my kitchen ten minutes later, and walks straight over to the cooling cookies, leaning down to deeply inhale the smell. She grabs one and plonks down into a stool, before smirking at me.

"Ok, tell me everything."

I sigh. Yep that's my sister. Let's herself in without a word, and raids my food.

"Sorry to spoil your fun, but there's really not much to tell. I honestly don't remember much. We are never drinking green drinks again, by the way.."