Chapter 10 - Maddy

Giggling down at my phone, I shoot Aiden another text. It's been a couple of weeks now and we have been talking almost everyday, including one phone call that I may or may not have fallen asleep while he was still on the phone. I still adamantly deny it. A picture comes through just as Nora emerges from the fitting room.

"I hate this one."

I couldn't agree more. I don't know what the designer was thinking, but frills and cream puff waves do not belong together on a wedding dress.

"Next." I pipe up, which earns me a big grin from Nora.

This is the third dress shop we have been to today, and I've lost count of the number of dresses she's tried. The curtain closes and I look down at my phone again, biting my lip so I don't laugh. The guys are trying on suits and said picture is of Aiden pulling a blue steel face in the changing room mirror.

"We have a winner." It reads above it.

"Saved." I text back and get a winky face with the words, 'all you have to do is ask and can have the real thing in person.'

Smiling, I shake my head. He's been incredible the last couple of weeks, and although I know it's slowly killing him, I'm still hesitant to take it any further. I feel like the moment I do, it will all come crashing down, and leave me broken. I don't have the greatest run with Ex's. My last one was over a year ago and ended after I walked in on him and my best friend. They're currently about to have their second kid. Little things like that give a girl some wee little trust issues.

Nora comes out, and I know we have finally found her dress. Tears start to well up in my eyes as I stare at her. She's so beautiful. The dress is completely her in everyway. A  complete mixture of lace, tulle, and elegance. It has long, fine, lace sleeves, that leaves one shoulder bare and leads to the bodice that is close fitted, with tiny intricate lace details spreading across it. The main of the dress floats from her waist, down her body softy and goes to the floor.

Nora fans her eyes when she sees me tearing up.

"If you cry, I will..."

She turns in front of the mirror and I know she is in love with it as much as I am.

".. I think we have the one. Ok, take a look, and lie to me if it's out of the budget."

Laughing, I make my way over and hold my breath as I check the tag.

"You are in luck, it's within your insane budget for a dress, dear sister."

Nora springs around to hug me faster than it should be possible in that dress, a huge smile on her face. I hold her at arms length when she lets me go and take another look at her.

"Vince isn't going to know what to do when he sees you in this."

She beams at me and twirls again.

"I wonder how the guys are going suit shopping anyway."

"Can't be that hard to find a suit, they all look the same." I shrug, as I'm already aware of that answer.

"Oh my god, don't let them hear you say that, especially Aiden. The man take way too much pride in his suits."

I laugh at her mock horror expression, but curiosity gets the better of me.

"Aiden seems like an interesting character from what everyone's been saying."

Nora eyes me in the mirror for a moment, then turns to check the back of the dress again before replying.

"Yeah, look he's not that bad, but don't tell him I said that. He just loves to flirt and sleep with any woman that moves. I've lost track of all the names over the years I've known him. I don't think I've ever seen him stick with one woman more than a night, two max. He tends to bounce again shortly after.."