Chapter Three: What Just Happened?

Duncan's POV
                 It was later into the night, like around nine-ish. A lot of people were at the bar and I watched Gwen work hard and I saw everyone who I came with make their way over with their drinks. I noticed Mike was now off work and playing pool with Zoey, and that Dawn girl. Courtney and Scott were sitting at bar booth with both Geoff, Bridgette, Alejandro, and Heather.

                I noticed the guy, next to me, who reminded me of Cody...was watching Gwen...closely, like really closely. I ignored it just focused on something else, and then Gwen walked over with a glass.

      "So when are you off?" The guy asked Gwen, as she tilted the glass and pulled the lever for the beer.

               She looked at me and sighed. "This place closes at 1:00, in December." She said and he smirked and nodded and I looked at her.

     "I can wait with you if you want?" He asked and she focused on the drink.

               I'm guessing he was hitting on her, I just went back to minding my own business and she walked off and gave someone the drink and they paid her. She walked over with a rag and cleaned the bar top. The guy got up and walked over to her, as he did this I watched Geoff walk over to me.

     "Hey Gwen, can I get five tequila shots please?" He asked and she looked at him.

     "Yeah." She said and turned around and started to get the shots ready.

               Geoff sat down next to me, and I looked at him. "Having fun?" He asked and I shrugged.

Gwen's POV
                I was getting the shots ready and I put them a tray and then walked down to Geoff and slid it to him. Duncan looked at him and then me. I saw Cody walk over and I sighed. I looked at the time 9:32 P.M., yeah my shift wasn't ending anytime soon, but I did have an hour break coming up soon. I just kept taking people's orders, and dodging Duncan in the process...even if that meant talking to Cody.

               Ten came along and I saw my co-worker walk in and I walked to the break room and sat down. I put my head back and just sat there. The door a few seconds later opened, and Mike looked at me.

      "Talk to Duncan." He said and I looked at him.

      "Oh, go home." I said and he laughed and shook his head.

     "I will when you talk to Duncan." He said and I groaned.

               I got up and walked by him and into the kitchen, where DJ was cooking and I sat down in the set I usually sat in, and he looked at me.

       "What's wrong Gwen?" He asked taking a break from cooking and looking at me.

       "Duncan's here" I said and he looked back at the food.

       "No way really?" He asked and I nodded and he looked at me. "I think you should talk to him." He added and I groaned.

                The second the door opened and Mike walked in with his arms crossed. "Two to...one, go." He said and I rolled my eyes and got up.

Duncan's POV
                 I saw Gwen walk from the break room to the kitchen, I looked at the new bartender. He knew what I wanted some how and then slid me another vodka soda and I looked back at everyone. I was about to go up and walk over to Geoff and everyone else when the kitchen door opened and Gwen walked out glaring at Mike and then sat down next to me.

        "Now talk to each other." He said and walked off.

                 Gwen looked at me and I looked at her, we both quickly looked away from each other and I sighed and the bartender pushed her a drink and she looked at him.