Chapter 9: The Upcoming Storm

The giant teludav was finally finished and ready to use against Zarkon in battle.

"Thank you, Ryner, for all you and the Olkari have done to assist us." Allura said to the Olkarin engineer who helped them, then turned to the rest. "Once we defeat Zarkon, it is my hope that we may continue to join our forces and rebuild the once great coalition my father, King Alfor, began." She said and the Olkari cheered.

"Princess, it's time." Coran informed and they all proceeded to board the Castle, and prepare to face Zarkon.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up." Shiro instructed and the Paladins used their lions to grab the teludav and carry it off of Olkarion and into space.

They later met up back on the bridge to further discuss their plans in defeating Zarkon, and taking down the Empire.

"Alright, guys, listen up." Shiro said as an image of the teludav appears. "I'll use the Black Lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location, and make sure he's within range of the teludav's effect. Keeping the teludav hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential." He emphasized. "We can count on you, right, Slav?" He said, addressing the said space engineer.

"Absolutely. I'll be fine." He replied, but then got an unsure look. "I'm not sure about the gravity generator, though." He added.

"What? What was that last thing you said?" Hunk asked worriedly.

"Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before." He confessed. "I know it'll work, but I'm not really sure for how long." He admits.

"Well, that's a risk we'll have to take." Shiro replied to the statement.

"If I may." Everyone turned to Yusarius. "My people are talented Alchemists and Engineers, I might be able to help Slav." He suggests.

"Ah, yes, a brilliant idea. The Necroshades are said to be a very smart race, so this will be my chance to see for myself, and I could use a second person working the generator with me." Slav says, delighted by the idea.

"Alright. Yusarius, your with Slav, minding the gravity generator." The Black Paladin agrees and turns back to the hologram display. "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus." He said as the hologram ship turned red and Pidge got a smug look on her face.

"And then, he'll be a sitting du-flax." She says pushing up her glasses smugly, but then noticed everyone giving her confused looks. "What? A du-flax is an Altean creature with a beak and webbed feet. Like a duck." She explained as Coran jumps into the fray.

"We'll wormhole Zarkon 500 million light years away, and he'll be in the Yggiz Galaxy before he knew what hits him!" The man said enthusiastically as he tossed one of the holograms to the side, possibly breaking something.

"What about Thace?" Shiro asked as he faced Kolivan and Antok.

"He should be getting into position now. We received his last communication three quintants ago. We should hear from him soon." The Blade leader informed.

"Let's do it." Shiro says and they all nod.

The Black Paladin then boards the Black Lion and launches into space, preparing to lure Zarkon. He flew around a bit, when he felt a familiar jolt. Zarkon. He took the bait and was coming to them.

"Zarkon took the bait. He's got my location." Shiro informed the others. "Is everybody in position?" He asks to confirm.

"We've not yet heard from Thace. He was supposed to contact us two vargas ago." Kolivan replied. This didn't sound good.