Chapter 2

I wasn't always like this you know?

The dark clothes, the dark personality, the dark... everything. Some would call me emo but I call myself a ghost. Someone who wants to be hidden.

But with someone like my step-sister, that's almost impossible.

I used to love those girly things. The hair, the subtle make-up, the bright colors, and the boys. Oh how I loved the boys.

Because of how I dress and act, most people think I'm lesbian, not that I have anything against those type of people.

I love everyone, except homophobic bitches and my step-sister and... never mind.

All I know is, my life wouldn't be the way it is now if I hadn't met Chris and ... You know what? It doesn't matter. There are just too many secrets there that you won't want to get involved. Hell, I won't even let you get close to finding them out.

My whole life, basically, I was told I had to be a certain way, and every time I said no. I did the exact opposite. Before my dad died, I was everything my mom wanted in a daughter. I played in makeup, I painted my nails pretty colors, I wore dresses, and other things girly girls do. But not anymore.

I left all that in the past and let it rest with my father, in peace. My father was my best friend, and maybe if he was still alive, I wouldn't have made the horrible decisions that I'd made.

I want to be a good person, I really do.

But it's hard.

My dad was my best friend. He was also my scapegoat from the world my mom made for me. He would make sure that I got to have to full kid experience. Playing in the dirt/mud, going to the park, swimming, building a tree house everything.

I think... no, I know that my mom was only with my dad for his money. My mom was 19 when she had me and my dad was 27, making him 8 years older than my mom.

My dad was a doctor, and he was good at what he did.

Every chance my mom got, she would go shopping, or try and make me like her, and I would let her, because that was the only time I felt like she actually wanted me.

But enough of this emotional bullshit.

What I want to know is, where am I?

I feel like I'm floating in the dark abyss. Light travels in and out, and I can feel myself shake, like everything around me is moving but I'm stuck.

I feel light-headed.

I feel this urge. Like something is refusing to let me get up.

I feel something. Something on the outside.

I need to fight this urge. I need to wake up. Go to the real world.

I feel pressure.

Maybe if I just take a peek...

I slowly open my eyes, and feel immense pain. I hear beeping and it's sounds too close for it to not be near me.

I open my eyes again, albeit cautiously, and look around the room, I immediately see that I am in a hospital. I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.

The next thing I know, I feel something touch my hand.

My eyes fly open and I let out a scream, I look to my left and see...

My dad?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hope you liked this chapter!!!
Don't be afraid to comment, and leave a vote if you like!!! 😉
—I'll try and update within the next week. Promise!! 🤞