xi. nineteen.

july 1st.

today was jack's birthday. he was turning nineteen and he couldn't be happier that he would be spending it with zachary. even if they were only in the closet watching old movies and getting fat off of junk food. zachary was already two months pregnant and he was starting to get a small bump, but to others who didn't know he was pregnant, it just looked like he was getting pudgy.

his symptoms such as the nausea started to ease a little, but it wasn't completely gone, which was the worse. but his headaches and having the urge to use to bathroom every five minutes was gone, which he was thankful for. it could get really annoying at times.

"baby, would you ever consider running away?" jack asked, tracing small shapes onto zachary's stomach. the two were on the topic of their blooming family.

zachary was taken by surprise with jack's question.

"maybe. i would like to get away from my parents, and this town. but i would miss my siblings and my friends. and eloisé. she's so nice and cool." zachary says, shrugging his shoulders. "why do you ask?"

"because, i was thinking about running away with you. we could go to canada or something. i'm not wanted there. it would be the perfect place to go. we could've went to england or somewhere in europe, but my face is all over the states, i would never be able to get a passport." jack says, frowning.

"i think it's a good idea, it's just that there's a lot of cons to it. my parents would definitely go crazy when they find out i'm gone and send everyone they can to search me. and where would we live when we get there?" zachary asks.

"i have a friend who lives there. gabriela. she's been my friend since we were younger. she knows about me, what i have, and what i've done and she's understanding. i've talked to her about it, and she said she has room for us and the baby, when it comes."

"will you give me a little while to think about it?" zachary asks.

"of course, love." jack says, pressing a kiss to zachary's lips, zachary smiling into the kiss.

zachary walked downstairs, seeing his mother and father in the living room, watching a t.v. show. he was hesitant to talk to his father, as he wasn't very happy to find out zachary was pregnant. he still hasn't fully came to terms with it.

he sighed sitting on the black leathered loveseat, gaining his parents attention.

"mother, father. do you think it would be possible for one of you to take me to buy a cake?" the seventeen year old asks, knowing his parents would think he was crazy.

"what, is it one of those 'cravings' again?" mister herron says, not even looking in his son's direction.

"ugh- n- yes. yes it is." zachary says, not feeling like explaining anything to his father. his mother on the other hand, agreed to taking him. it took her a few days to get used to the idea, and she wasn't mad anymore but she's still getting adjusting to it.

so here they were, at the nearest wal-mart, buying a small vanilla cake. zachary thanked his mother, who only smiled and nodded. they headed back to the car, zachary happily thinking about going back home to see jack. when they arrived back at their house, zachary made his way back up to his room and locked his bedroom door, going into the other room, with the cake behind his back.

"baby, i got you something." the seventeen year old says, sitting next to jack, who hummed and raised an eyebrow.

"what is it?" jack asked.

"happy birthday!" zachary exclaims, bringing the cake out from behind him and giving it to jack, who smiled and leaned over to give zachary a kiss.

"thank you, baby boy. i love you." jack says.

"you're welcome, jay. it's the least i could do since we can't really do anything for your birthday."

"i really don't deserve you." the curly haired boy says. "you've been the most amazing person to me. you helped hide me, with the knowing fact that your dad is literally the fucking sheriff. you helped me learn how to control myself when i didn't have my medicine. and now, you're pregnant with my child. what did i do to deserve you, baby?" jack says, adoringly looking at zachary, who now had tears in his eyes.

"now you've gone and gotten me all emotional. you don't deserve me. you deserve more than me. you deserve the love and care you never got." zachary says, leaning his head on jack's shoulder.

"you've already given me the love and care i've never got already."

"i really wish that we didn't have to hide. i wish that you weren't a criminal and that my dad wasn't so obsessed with finding you. then we could be out to everyone. well, technically not really because you're an adult now. i'm still a minor." zachary says, realising that and frowning.

"if i wasn't a criminal, we wouldn't have met. i wouldn't have climbed in your window that night." jack says.

"that's true. but what if we would've met under other circumstances? like a run in at the park or something like that."

"that would've been nice. but i don't think we would've fallen in love like we have."

— 918 words
— september 9th, 2019