xvi. the end

september 27th.

zachary's baby shower was today. he really didn't feel like participating in anything today as he was feeling miserable, but his mother took the time out of her day to put this together for him. he had woke up early this morning, feeling really hungry so he heated up leftovers from last night but regretting it an hour later as he was emptying everything out in the bathroom. that's how the first part of his morning went. then he spent a little time with jack, talking about whatever came to mind.

around two p.m is when zachary's friends and family started to come. he didn't even know until corbyn and daniel walked in, being too loud for his liking. there was a thick tension between the four boys, jack not fully trusting the two of them and vice versa.

it took a while for them to actually start a conversation. but when they did, they instantly
got comfortable with each other. jack explained everything with him, corbyn and daniel being understanding. and with that they become somewhat friends, and zachary was glad.

about two hours later, is when everything actually started. zachary had to get dressed up, which was the part he hated the most. he would rather stay in his night clothes then just get dressed up to sit in his living room all day. nevertheless, he got dressed and made his way downstairs with daniel and corbyn. zachary promised to come back up whenever he had the chance to for jack. he felt bad for jack because it was his baby too, but he couldn't just bring jack downstairs like any normal person.

the entire downstairs, including the back yard,  was decorated with streamers of different shades of pink. there were pink balloons placed hung up on the walls and a few were scattered around the floor. there were various types of food and snacks on one table and a bunch of other games on a different table. it all looked like it took so much time and it made him very emotional. he found his mother in the backyard with a few of her friends and some of his aunts.

"hey, love bug." miss herron says, a smile on her face as she gave her son a hug.

"thank you so much, momma. i can't even imagine how much time it took you to do everything." zachary says, smiling back at his mother.

"aw, i would do anything for you. and i had a little help from everyone. reese is the one who decided on the decorations and which games to play. she was a big part of the help, you should thank her as well." miss herron says, looking around for her youngest child, who she spotted playing with her cousins on the other side of the yard.

"i will. i think i'm going to go eat something right now." the seventeen year old says. miss herron nods and zachary walks back into the kitchen, where daniel and corbyn were already at.

"each time i eat your mother's food, i remember why i like your house better than my own." corbyn says, his mouth full of chicken fingers. zachary grimaced at the sight, placing a few chicken fingers on a plate. he filled a cup with strawberries and grapes. he sat at the kitchen island, eating the fruit first.

as time passed, more and more people came. some of them, zachary had never even seen before. everyone had relocated to the living room, where all of the gifts were placed. there was a a huge amount of gifts, which shocked zachary. where would they even put all of this? once everything was opened and zachary thanked everyone. they played a few of the games, which were actually fun.

zachary had soon started to feel tired, so everything was wrapped up and put away. he had once again thanked everyone and especially his mother for everything. he remembered about jack, so before he went back upstairs, he had cut the both of them a piece of cake, which was strawberry flavoured. he said goodnight to his mother and finally went upstairs to his room, sighing in relief as he walked into the other room, seeing jack asleep. zachary really didn't want to wake him up, but he did.