FOURTEEN

"I've always liked you Cynthia"

I was shocked. I didn't know what to think or say. I was just staring at him and an awkward laugh escaped through my lips. I didn't really know what he meant so I tried to act like he just meant it as a friendly comment.

He got closer and grabbed my hands. "I mean it Cynthia. Everything about you just makes me want to be with you forever. I want to see your smile everyday and make you laugh. Your incredible, cute laugh. You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only who I can never get tired of talking to, and the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying. I would do everything to just keep you in my life"
I can see the sparkle in his eyes, I'm afraid that he won't see mine. I just never felt it that way with him. He's nice and all, but there's something about him that doesn't make me feel the same as the feelings he apparently has for me. His hair isn't as fluffy as Payton's. His hands isn't as warm as Payton's. His smile isn't like Payton's. He's not Payton.

"Say something please.." his smile fades as he understands why I'm like this. He let go of my hands and look down as if he regret what he just did.

"I'm sorry.." is all I could say.

"It's okay. I understand." He said. "I guess I'll see you at school" I just stared at him walking away. I didn't know what to do and I just felt so guilty. All I wanted to do now is turn off that stupid part of me that has feelings. It sucks. Hurting someone suck so fucking bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my alarm. I was so tired. I didn't get enough sleep. I couldn't. My stomach was hurting like hell the whole night. And all I could do was think about Jaden.

I got ready for school and then I left.

~~~~~~~~

School was boring as always. But now it was time for lunch. I put my books in my locker before heading to the cafeteria. I closed my locker and Payton stood there startling me.

"Hey," he said with a smile.

"You scared me you asshole." I said moody. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why are you so pissed? Shark week?" He asks laughing. I punch his shoulder and walks away.

"Hey, I mean it. What's up?" Even though I want to tell him I can't. I don't want anyone else's to know what Jaden said. And Payton would probably kill him if I told him what Jaden said.

"Nothing, just tired" I said which was true.

"So you want to go on a date tonight?" He said slinging an arm over my shoulders bringing me closer to him. I could smell his natural scent and I honestly loved that more than cologne.

"Sure, when?"

"Around 6?" I nod. "Where do you wanna go?" He asks.

"Are you literally gonna ask that question?"

"Yes?" He answered and I roll my eyes.

"Hey! Don't roll your eyes on me. I've never been on a date. I don't know how this works," he says and I laughed at him.

"Just watch a romance movie and take notes" I smile at him.

We walk into the cafeteria and everyone is watching us.

"You ok?" He whisper and I nod. I look around and I locked eyes with the one person I didn't want to see today, Jaden. I can see how hurt he is. I would be too if I were him. He confessed his feelings to be yesterday and I rejected him. And now I'm walking into the cafeteria with Payton. I look away and we were on our way to Molly who was  sitting at our usual table. 

"Awwe, how cute?" she says and pouts. I roll my eyes and sat down smiling . Payton and I wanted to keep this a secret, but I didn't really see the point of keeping this a secret so we decided to tell Molly, well I did, after telling her about what Jaden did. 

"Im sitting with the boys if thats ok? 

"sure," I smil and he kisses me on the cheek before he walks to his table. 

"Im jealous," Molly says with a sad face. 

"What about Anthony?" I ask teasing her. 

She blushed and looked over to the boys table. I followed her gaze and saw that Anthony was staring back at her.

"Youre so in love" I sigh and then laughs. 

"What?" she asked not hearing what I said. 

"Nothing" 

When I was done eating I decided to go to the library and study. I asked if Molly wanted to come, but she said she was allergic to libraries. 

I walked out of the cafeteria. I was about to take the last turn when I bumped into someone. I looked up and a smirk formed on his face. 

"Uhm im sorry" I nervously say 

"awww its ok, you don't need to apologize." i feel my face heat up and im probably red as fuck right now. 

"Im Mason btw," he smile. He has the most perfect teeth I've ever seen, but there's something shady about him. 

"Im Cynthia" I quickly say

"ahh how could I not know! you're Paytons new toy," 

I look at him with a question mark written all over my face.

"im not his toy," I angrily say. 

"I mean its pretty obvious. Just look at the other girls he played." he laughs. 

I build up some confidence so I can stand up for myself. 

"What exactly is it that you want?" I ask. 

"Is that the attitude you're giving me? You better watch it, sweetheart."

"Or what? You gonna rape me?" 

He smirks and look deeply into my eyes. "Listen sweetheart, Moormeier is only gonna use you. Wouldnt really date him if I were you," he winks at me before walking away. 

How can someone you don't even know just say something like that. Hes disgusting.

Im baaaackk!! I know its been a long time, because of school and shit, but im back and I hope that I can update as much as possible! 

The next chapter will be out soon!

Teaser: Payton will get very mad and he'll push Cynthia away.