Chapter 2

The initial videos had been a hit. As with some of the others, even Nikon had referenced the videos. There had been comments about why he didn't do any primes, just zooms. His reply was the primes weren't out yet. He hadn't received them, but he did plan on doing unpacking at least for them.

As what had become normal, he had stuff come up so had been a few days later that he could get the time to take a day for photos.  He hoped nothing unforeseen would come up and interrupt it.

Adam had packed up the camera gear into a sled that they had for hauling camera gear. Strapping the largest, and heaviest, lenses in their cases was the most critical. Next, was the case with the other three lenses, which was still smaller than the other two.

The nice thing with their gear, and he didn't show in the public videos, was the sled and the latches they added to the cases. They simply locked themselves in, without need of any sort of straps. Stuff on top locked themselves to those under them.

After the lenses, he added the cases for the cameras. That was split into a Mirrorless and DSLR, each with the human and Were cameras. Next, was the flash and accessory kit, with his selection of filters.

On top, he added his waterproof laptop. The spare battery fit into the accessory kit, along with the ac adapter. His dry bag of a couple changes of clothes was over that. He strapped a trap down over everything; it and the rope would be a wet-weather shelter, if it was needed. Their weather prediction system was saying no, but if the winds—especially the Jetstream—moved, their weather could change quickly.

Heading out was easy; he clipped the two straps to the bottom of the pack before he pulled it on, shifted to his wolf. Digging in his claws, he got the heavy sled moving. It had special hardened metal skids that helped it track, and skim over the ground. The forest floor worked as well in summer as it did in winter. The inner part of the sled was on shockcords, to minimize the hard shocks to the camera gear inside it.

Getting out to his favourite ridge, that overlooked much of the valley was nice.

He pulled the tripods that had been strapped to the top off first. His video crew wasn't too far behind, as they came out. Adam had offered to let them shoot the videos on the cameras, as they did have that capability. They had declined, preferring their own gear.

Jeremy and his helper were panting hard, as they had tried to keep up with Adam, forgetting that he would have been able to outpace them, even with a heavier sled; he was the Alpha, after all.

*****

Just as they got the big lens set up, and Adam was testing it, an alert was called out.

*Humans entering the western edge of territory. I count fifteen.* was the call from Sam, currently in charge of the pack security.

Adam smiled and turned the camera, tilting down. He started to laugh, as he could clearly see them. Zooming in, there was the backside of a sign, that he knew was 'No Trespassing' Taking photos of each of the eighteen, and a wider shot of them together.

*I have a visual. They don't appear to be armed with any guns.* He passed on, clicking on the wifi, and making sure it was connected. It would dump the photos to his 'unprocessed' location by default, but he moved it to a security location, and passed it on, taking some more.

Sam sent him a mental headshake and amusement, as she could clearly see the people. From where he was, to the naked eye, the intruders would not even be able to see them. *They are carrying... something...* she commented.

They could see that they had camo clothes on, and were trying to hide, but a wolf's eyes was a bit different than a human's and all knew how to tell shapes that were trying to hide. The sensors had detected them as soon as they got close to the pack territory, and since they were small enough to be easily missed, they didn't realise they had multiple views of them as they entered the territory.