↣ 2 ↢

I woke up sucking my thumb, yawning I stretched a bit sitting up on my sofa rubbing my eyes. I looked around the room, my eyes get glued to the cartoons on the screen in front of me.

I still felt very little and since I already had my nap I could spend the rest of the day doing what I wanted and not be cranky. Wiggling off the couch, I rushed to the kitchen pulling out my extra crispy chicken nuggets and popping them in the microwave.

Grabbing my nuggies and some of my other snacks searched through my fridge, and for once I didn't feel like milk and grabbed a small carton of apple juice instead.

As I sat on the floor in front of the tv I chomped on my nuggets, my phone rang loudly from my room I paused mid-chew composing myself I walked to the back of my room grabbing my phone.

Incoming call…

Sarah

Rolling my eyes I put my phone on silent, throwing it back onto the bed hearing the Spongebob theme song I rushed back into the living room humming the song to myself.

   ~      ~      ~       ~      ~        ~        ~        ~

A couple more hours later and here I was, sprawled across my bathroom floor with a tummy ache from the tons of snacks I shoved in my mouth. I felt my stomach rumble and lerch sitting up quickly going over to the toilet, my eyes watered as I gagged on air nothing was coming up.

Waddling out of the bathroom I spread across my sofa, I whined loudly it was times like this I wish I had a caregiver. Forcing myself out of little space I grabbed my keys, heading for the door and to my favorite store as of now. 

Arriving at the store a scowl on my face, as I tried to casually walk through the aisles searching for medicine.

Turning around I spotted Payton stocking up cans in the back by the shelves, I quickly turned around continuing my search for medicine before a hand reached out plucking a medicine box that contained grape-flavored liquid from the shelf.

Turning around there stood Payton, a slight smile on her face like always she handed me the medicine “What brings you here”

I gave a small shrug avoiding eye contact, she pinched my cheek lightly getting me to look up at her “What’s the problem, sweetheart” my cheeks flushed red, as I felt my eyes build up with tears.

‘Right now is not the time to slip, idiot’

I pushed her hand away, placing the medicine back I began to walk away, only for her to tug my wrist bringing me back to face her. She tilted her head at me a thoughtful look on her face, I gulped nervously “what’s the problem, are you not feeling well’

I shook my head, afraid to open my mouth and stutter out my words in a childish voice, or worse no words at all! She patted my head, giving me a small smile “let me know if I can help ok?” 

I nodded rapidly a customer snickered as she passed by us ‘Peyton’s hand was still on my head’ Pushing her hand away she reached out handing me the medication once again. Looking down at it I shook my head seeing the flavor ‘Cherry’ I gagged a bit putting it back on the shelf.

Peyton frowned at me handing it back “I don't know what’s wrong, but you need medicine” I shook my head stubbornly taking the medicine she grabbed my wrist dragging us to the registers, staff, and customers watched in confusion and amusement.

Ringing up the medicine she handed it back to me “your free to go sweetheart” I furrowed my brow in confusion, she gave a small chuckle “its free of charge cupcake, now hurry home and rest up” I bit my lip to keep a smile from slipping out “we should actually go out sometime, I mean it's nice running into you on the job and watching you whine about strawberry milk but I’d like to get to know you better if that's ok with you”

I nodded hastily, Peyton reached out a hand giving my head a pat “Alright, let's exchange numbers”

After exchanging numbers I nearly skipped out of the shop, and I didn't even feel sick anymore.

Until I threw up, right as I reached the pavement outside.