Chapter 4

"Oh, you're early." Gabriella said breathlessly when she opened the door for Andrew.

"Yeah, I sent you a text saying that I'd be early since last night." He eyed her weirdly as he entered her apartment.

"Sorry, I haven't checked my phone for a couple of hours." She rushed into her room to get ready.

Some weeks had passed since she spoke to Andrew's grandmother Rosaline. To Gabriella, she seemed to be a sweet lady on the phone; and she hoped that Rosaline would be just as nice in person. Rosaline invited her to have lunch with her and the rest of Andrew's family- Which is nerve racking as heck. Gabriella couldn't decide on what to wear, what she should say, she didn't even know how to act in front of his family with him.

She finally decided to wear a blue striped of the shoulder top with black skinny jeans and beige block heel sandals. She hurriedly put on her clothes,makeup and jewelry. She curled her hair and let it fall loosely in her back.

Effortlessly flawless... She thought.

She returned to the living room and found Andrew engrossed in a movie that was showing on TV. She walked past him and went into the kitchen to pack the cupcakes she made earlier that morning. She didn't want to go empty handed.

"Andrew I made some cupcakes to carry to your grandmother, is that okay?" Gabriella uttered as she walked into the living room with the box in hand.

He grinned at her, "Yeah that's fine."

"Alright, are you ready?"

"Yes..." He stood up. She was already walking to the door when he called her name. She turned to look at him.

"My family doesn't know that we're arranged and they can be a bit intense, just so you know." She nodded, already feeling nervous since his family didn't know they were arranged. Gabriella could tell that Andrew was gauging her response and kept her expressions neutral.

"And here," He knelt down and took a small, black velvet box out of his pocket. He opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond encrusted ring.

•~•~•

Gabriella stared up at the big stone house as she closed the car door. It took them two hours to get to Andrew's grandparents' house. They walked up the pathway. She saw that he had a bottle of wine in his hand that she knew was expensive.

Thank God I didn't bring wine.

Andrew rang the doorbell when they reach the big red door. Gabriella tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear since the wind messed up her hairstyle.

"You are beautiful." Andrew declared. Gabriella was caught offguard; her cheeks flushed bright red when she saw his charming smile.

"Thank you Andrew."

They heard muffled talking from behind the door, then it swung open.
"Andrew honey I've missed you so much!" Rosaline cooed as she pinched her grandson's cheeks. She engulfed him in a hug as though she wanted to squeeze the life out of him.

"Grandma you're embarrassing me!" Andrew whined, his face flushed in embarrassment.

Poor thing.

Rosaline's gaze went to Gabriella. Gabriella suddenly felt nervous as the woman stared at her. Obviously, Rosaline was judging her from top to bottom to make sure she was good enough for her grandson- at least at face value. Rosaline stepped closer to her. "You must be Gabriella. It's nice to meet you! You're so pretty, I'm Rosaline." She reached forward and hugged Gabriella.