chapter 12

A/N This is not edited or proofread. Sorry for any mistakes.

Theo made it past his five and a half week mark without any other discomfort. His growing pains faded and he started to feel the babies move more. It was hard to feel the twins moving outside his stomach but he knew they were very active and he prayed they didn't damage their sacks with moving around.

At his six and a half weeks check up he was told that the twins could now hear him cleary and he should start to talk to them more. Deaton even suggested playing certain types of music to soothe them.

"From what I know, a fetus can hear music from the womb and when it is born that same music can be used to calm them or even help them sleep. It is highly recommended to start playing calm music for them, especially when you are getting ready to go to sleep." Deaton explained as he printed the ultrasound pictures.

"Please don't tell the pack that. They hear ginger tea is good for morning sickness and it's all I've been allowed to drink. I'd hate to see what this information will do to them." Theo fixed his shirt and got off the table. His stomach was quite big now. He could no longer hide it under large shirts. He started to hate the size he had gotten since he could no longer get himself off the couch. Most days Scott was the one to pull him up. It even became difficult to put on his shoes. Most days Melissa, Scott, or Liam did it for him. He'd punch any of them if they told the pack.

"Don't worry, I'll keep that little bit of info to myself." Deaton smiled and handed over the pictures. "You are healthy, your twins are healthy. You can go back to resting." He walked with Theo out to his truck. Stiles was waiting next to it, texting someone from the looks of it. Theo waved to the vet before going to the truck.

"Pack is getting together to help Liam clean out the spare room to make his nursery. You are being given two options by mama McCall. One, go shopping with Derek for Liam's nursery, or two, go paint shopping with Mason and Corey." Stiles told him as he helped Theo into the passenger side of the truck. "Looks like I'm going with Derek."

Neither were really appealing to Theo and he hated that they wouldn't just let him stay home and rest. They wanted him with a pack member at all times incase something happens. Derek was the lesser of the two evils. Corey was still afraid of Theo and Mason had taken to hovering like an overprotective parent. Derek, well Derek kept quiet and only helped when Theo asked him to. Derek was the only one that seemed to respect Theo and what he wanted in moments.

Stiles drove Theo home and got into his jeep to drive to Liam's. Theo didn't bother trying to relax, he could hear Derek driving down the street. Theo placed his sonogram pictures in his room and grabbed a water from the fridge before going out to Derek's car. They exchanged a nod in greeting before Derek drove off to the store.

Liam had spent the last few days going crazy. He was constantly asked questions by his mom and dad, most regarding Theo and the twins, some were about the supernatural. He had spent most school days worrying about getting a job to buy what he needs for his nursery. He also was tasked with cleaning said nursery out on his own. He was even told he'd have to buy the paint himself. His parents had only offered to buy baby necessities. Meaning: clothes, diapers, bottles, wipes, blankets, and if he's lucky a crib.

Theo had been gifted all of this and then some for his baby shower, but Liam didn't get a baby shower. He got the stress of pulling every penny he could find to provide for his kids. He didn't dare bring up the idea of a baby shower for himself. He wasn't the one carrying the twins, and from the last time he asked about it Lydia told him dad's get a diaper party. At this point he'd take that. One less thing to worry about.

He had just finished his breakfast and was heading up to start the clearing out of the nursery when he heard a knock at the door. He was praying it wasn't the neighbor, or worse, the daughter. The daughter was thirteen and she had a massive crush on Liam. When he was asked to babysit her, which he accepted because he needed money for Theo's gift, she tried to kiss him.