Chapter 4

[YEJI POV]

It's a another day of school! As usual, I make my way to Lia's MANSION to pick her up for school. My instincts told me that I had to take extra care of Lia today. I don't know why, but I'll just follow what my instincts tell me.

"Hey Yeddeong!" Lia greeted me as she opened her door. I smiled. She's so cute. 😔

"Hi! You look good today...as usual." I greeted back. She smiled.

 She smiled

That smile...
She's so gorgeous. I stared at her and fell into a daydream. When I got back to my senses, Lia was already way ahead of me.

"Hey slowpoke! Hurry up! I know my house is beautiful, no need to keep staring." she yelled. I grinned and ran after her, hooking my arms with hers. We teased eachother all the way 'til the school gates.

Once we stepped into school, I waved goodbye to Lia and went for class. I remembered suddenly what I felt earlier that morning. Just then, I heard something shouting. No, it can't be.

"Nobody can touch Yeji! She is MINE!! Stay away from her!" I turned around. I knew it. Shin Yuna.

She was with her girls. Kim Dahyun, Son Chaeyoung and Chou Tzuyu. They named themselves School Meal Club. (A/N: Yuna isn't part of SMC, I know. But it seems fun to add her here for this ff)
The meanest girls in the school. Nobody dared oppose them. "Nobody" does not include me or Ryujin. I sighed. There goes Shin Yuna, going around the hallway and claiming that I'm hers.

Crap. She saw me. I braced myself as she shouted my name and ran towards me, grabbing my arm.
"Yeddeong! ~" Yuck. I liked that nickname, but not when Shin Yuna calls me that. It disgusts me that a bully like her would claim that I'm hers. I'll never want to be part of her life. I forcefully pulled her away and continued walking off to class.

"Stop! What are you doing?!" Lia. I turned around and was shocked by what I saw. Lia was surrounded by the four girls. She looked small and helpless. I felt my blood boiling as I stomped towards them.

"You! Who do you think you are?! Didn't you hear? Yeji is mine! What makes you think that she would fall for someone like you? You? The biggest loser in school. Don't make me laugh. Hahaha!" Yuna raised her fist and just before she could land her hand on her, I dashed and grabbed hold of her. Yuna was surprised to see me again.

"Y-Yeji. I-it's not what it looks like." she started.

"I know exactly what I saw. Leave my girl alone before I tell Ms Jihyo." Yuna was clearly annoyed when she heard what I said. She folded her arms.

"Tsk. Come on girls, let's go." she said.

Dahyun glared at me as they left. "You, watch out." she mouthed.
Tzuyu walked past Lia and brushed
against her shoulder so hard that Lia flinched. Soon, it was only me and Lia in the hallway.

Sniff..sniff...

I looked at Lia. She was looking down, crying. My heart broke. I looked at my watch. 9am. I was late for class. Ah, who cares. I grabbed Lia's hand and made our way to Ms Jihyo's office.

~

"Thank you for informing me. We have also heard numerous complaints from the students about this group and we're looking into what we can do. If matters get worse from here, we will have no choice but to expel them." Ms Jihyo said.

"Thank you Ms Jihyo." Ms Jihyo smiled at me.

"May I ask you a favour? Please take care of this young lady here with you. I have also noticed that the students enjoy picking on her." she continued, "I have requested for her to attend your classes so that she would be less likely to get picked on with you around." When I heard the news, I was overjoyed. I looked at Lia, who was also really happy to hear the news.

"Thank you so much, Ms Jihyo!" We stood up and thanked her in unison. Ms Jihyo laughed. "Run along now. You girls are very late for class. Tell Mr Kang that you were here in my office so that he wouldn't throw a fit knowing you're late for his class."

We bowed and I grabbed Lia's wrist before we dashed out of her office and back to class.

I have a big responsibility now. Take care of Lia with my whole life. And I will fulfill this responsibly to the best of my abilities.

~

I followed Lia wherever she went. It seems like she also enjoys my company. Ever since that day at Ms Jihyo's office, nobody has dared confront Lia. Alongside Ryujin and Chaeryeong, we made it clear that we would protect Lia with whatever it takes. Having spent so much time with her, I realized that I had fallen for this small, beautiful girl, Choi Jisu.

Is she the one? Was she that soulmate that had been given to me as my birthday wish? I'm very sure of it. I noticed every detail of her, which made me fall even more in love with her.

Her eye smiles whenever she talked, smiles, small size, whisker dimples. And when she sings... my ears get blessed in the best way possible.

Choi Jisu, definitely the one.