Seoul Forest

I showered and put clean clothes on, sitting on my couch to relax for a bit. I turned my TV on, and then my game console, and I played a game for an hour, but the whole time, I was worried about Jimin. I hope he was smart enough to just stay in bed and sleep himself sober. I'd check on him later, hopefully he would answer his phone when I called, so that I didn't have to drive back to his place.

•°•♡•°•

I watched Soo Ah eating her waffles, smiling at how much she seemed to be enjoying them. She stuffed a large bite in her mouth, leaving strawberry sauce on the corner of her lips. I reached across the table to wipe it away with my finger, her eyes darting up to meet mine in surprise.

I brought my finger to my mouth, sucking the sauce off, watching her try to hold back a smile.

"I guess you're enjoying your waffles?"

She shrugged one shoulder, nodding a time or two, a small frown appearing on her face.

"Mm, they're very good. But not as good as your cake."

I laughed lightly. 

"It's just cake, Soo Ah. There's nothing special about it."

"I disagree," she said, pointing her fork at me, mouth full of waffle. "When was the last time you tasted your own masterpieces?"

I furrowed my brows, realizing that although I ate a cookie every once in awhile, it had been quite some time since I'd had a piece of my own cake. 

"I can't remember the last time I had a piece of my cake, honestly."

"Well, maybe you should. It melts in your mouth, and the flavors are phenomenal. You don't need a sign telling what flavor it is, because there's no doubt once you taste it. You're a cake master."

I lowered my head, undoubtedly flattered by her compliment. I silently thanked my grandmother for teaching me how to bake, and for instilling a love of it in me that had been there ever since I was a child.

Soo Ah finished her waffles, picking up her napkin and wiping her mouth before dropping it on her plate. She sat back, smiling at me sweetly. 

"Thank you for breakfast. This place is cute."

"You're welcome. I, uh, used to come here with my parents when I was younger. The same couple still own it, but they've gotten older and their kids run the place now."

"That's sweet. I love seeing a small business that keeps going, and stays in the family."

I nodded. 

"So, what would you like to do after we stop by your place so you can change?"

She looked thoughtful for a moment, then her eyes lit up, her lips curving up as she grabbed my arm excitedly.

"Can we go to Seoul Forest? I've been wanting to go there, and I haven't been yet."

"You've never been to Seoul Forest?"

She shook her head. 

"I grew up in Busan, we didn't come to Seoul often when I was young, and if we did, it was for a specific reason, not to enjoy the sights. I've only lived here 3 months, I haven't had a chance to go yet. Besides, it didn't sound very exciting to go by myself, and I haven't made a ton of friends  in the short time I've been here."

We had stood, preparing to leave, and I crossed my arms, watching her as she rattled on. When did she get so cute?

"Okay, Seoul Forest it is."