allen-harvelle. star allen-harvelle.

"I'm... sorry, what?" Star demanded into her phone as she stood in the middle of Paulina's room. "Uncle Barry, I love you like an actual uncle, but why the heck would I do that?! Fentoe's a loser!" Paulina rose her eyebrows and her jaw dropped.

"Ah, c'mon, lil' dipper! Help me out here!" Barry pleaded over the phone.

"UGH!" Star groaned. "Look, I don't know much of anything, alright?!" She snapped angrily at him. "He's a loser! His friends are losers! His sister's... okay." She splutters. "I don't talk to them, alright?! Ugh! I mean, once I dated his friend, but that was just-- ugh." She spun to look at Paulina and mouthed "HELP ME." to her friend. Paulina shrugged.

"What can you tell me other than that?" Barry prodded.

"Uh... Danny and his friends are late to class pretty often," Star relents breathily, "occasionally Danny'll be pretty banged up. Honestly, I think they're chasing Phantom. Whenever they're late there was a fight around then."

Paulina sits up, eyes bright with interest-- she didn't know that.

"Does that help?" Star demands exasperatedly as she plops down on her bed next to Paulina.

"A little..? No. No, my boss is shaking his head no. H-he already knew that apparently." Barry announces awkwardly. "Didn't think to tell me..." He mumbles.

Star's eyes harden a bit with panic. "Wait, your boss is here?!" She demands. Star purses her lips, her mind racing for an answer. A lightbulb clicked on. Star groaned. She turned to Paulina. "Promise you won't kick me from the table forever?"

Now Paulina was confused. "What? Why would I kick you out of the A-listers?"

Star purses her lips and turns her head to speak in her phone, keeping eye contact with her friend. "Uncle Barry, let me see how much leverage I still have with Tucker," Paulina's eyes shot to the size of saucers, "maybe I can find something out."

• • •

Star
Hey, Tucker?

Star
Ik we're not on the best terms, but is Danny okay..?

Tucker
What?

Tucker
What's that supposed to mean?

Star
He keeps coming to class banged up!

Star
At this point I'm pretty sure even D a s h is worried.

Tucker
He's fine.

Star
I'll go out with you for a month if you tell me the truth.

Tucker
Seriously?!

Star
Yeah, seriously.

Star
Full, undivided attention, no side-guys.

Star
A real, serious relationship.

Star
One month.

Star
All you have to do is tell me why Danny's getting hurt...

Star
You in?

• • •

"Alright," Star sighed into the phone, "I lost my dignity, but hopefully your boss'll be happy-- I'll email you what he gave me."

"Thanks, lil' dip."

"Stop calling me that!"