Not Like Other Girls

when did becoming like Other Girls become a curse?
since when is my worth attributed to how quirky i am.
as if every girl isn't amazing and unique as a diamond is her own way, no matter what she wears or what she does with her body or what she says or how she says it.

since when are Other Girls considered garbage.
when did following fashion trends suddenly mean that you had no mind no opinion no intelligence.

since when did the makeup the Other Girls wear suddenly dictate how pretty they were.
when did the shorts she wears dictate her body count and SINCE WHEN did a body count mean anything.

since when did the Other Girls become hated, insulted, words to be flung like knives for wearing a scrunchy on her wrist.
told she is not pretty without makeup, but don't cake too much on because no man likes that.

no man is going to tell me my worth.
no man will tell me what i am.
no man will tell me what to wear.
no man will touch me without my permission because

i am NO LONGER silent.
i am loud. i am honest.
i am sharp.

the Other Girls will stare you down and demand to be respected.
i am an Other Girl.
we are Other Girls.
and we will not have our voices stolen by men who believe that we should be seen and not heard who believe that beauty is how nice your face looks who believe that weight is a definition of a person who believe that enjoying sex makes you a whore.

we are Other Girls
we are not Other Girls
we are Women