Just the Start Chapter 3

Dedicated to 

greydays_

for making my awesome character banner!!!!

Liath

Just the start

Chapter 3

SpeakingTruth

 “You came! I thought I was stood up.” I got up from the chair placed beside the pool.

"Sorry I’m late. I would never stand up such a beautiful lady.’’ He winked.

I sighed slightly and asked, “So, are you getting in?’’ I motioned towards the pool and then to myself. I had a towel draped over my shoulders, covering my swimsuit.

"I’m not much of a swimmer.’’ he admitted.

"Then why did you come?’’ I laughed and playfully hit his arm.

"So I could spend more time with you.’’ He smiled.

"Why would you? I'm just a nerd and you are a God to all the girls in school, why me?" 

"I don't know there's just something about you." He smirked as I began to blush, danm my red face must look so attractive..

"Anyway,you weren’t too keen in spending time with me when you thought the pool was outside.’’ I remarked.

"Eh... Well.... That was a different situation.’’ he stumbled.

"Whatever, you can watch me then. Hold this towel please.’’ I took the towel off my shoulders and held it out to him. When he didn’t take the towel from me, I looked up. He was just standing there as if he was stunned.

 ‘’Perve, much?’’ I joked but he acted as if I didn’t say anything and just continued to stare. I realised he was staring at the tattoo on my arm. It was a infinity symbol, you know the ones that look like a sidewards eight, I have no clue what it's supposed to mean.

‘’Oh, that. I came to the orphanage with that. Nobody knows why I got it because I was only a baby and the person who brought me disappeared. Creepy, right?’’ I explained while I tied up my hair and put on my swimming cap. When I looked back at him, he was gone.

‘’Steven?’’ I called out, maybe just a little too loud as everyone was staring at me. My checks went bright red. I awkwardly scurried out of the swimming pool room and into the changing room.

I quickly got changed as I had no intention of staying there any longer. As I left the pool and stood in the parking lot, I looked around for Steven’s car but I couldn’t find it. What the hell had got into him? It was just a tattoo. It wasn’t even my fault!

I decided to leave and go back to the orphanage, this time without bumping into Sister Evan. There was no way I was in the mood for one of her ‘talks.’ I ran into the orphanage, and gladly enough, I made it to my room without anyone seeing me.

I jumped onto my bed and buried my face into the pillow. What was all that about? Did he think I was a troublemaker or something, maybe he missed my explanation that I arrived at the orphanage with the tattoo. I tried to ask Sister Evans about it before but she usually dropped the subject pretty quickly and just said, 'Lifes a mystery' I mean what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I sighed internally and decided I might as well go to sleep, at least tomorrows a Saturday... 

_________________________________________________________________________________