Oliver's nieces

The next days are rushing over like five minutes. I'm getting used to a permanently storm of visitors, who want a date with Mr. Watson or want to know the new secretary better. You are practically the heart of the firm, so you should know of all the important things for your bosses work with his employers. Yeah, you should, but I'm hoping to learn fast.

After knocking on his door and his "You may come in", I'm going straight to his desk. I'm putting my folders on his side table, while giving a short "I'm done with work for today. Do you need me any more for today?“ I wait for his answer" No, you can go home", but it's never coming. Instead he looks up from his paper work and is eyeing me intensively. "Actually, yes. Do you need to carry out something important? Otherwise I have a great task for you."

Actually there's a warm bath and dinner waiting for me at home. But I think I can give him a few extra minutes of my life, only to solve a problem more. The more the merrier, I think during holding a serious expression on my facial features.

"I can do it, but it shouldn't get to late, my way home isn't the shortest. But what kind of a job?" My curiosity is about to explode into many questions, my brain is coming up with.

"My nieces visit me, because my dearest sister thought, it would be grate to have a little uncle-nieces-time. So, now she has two days off and I'm sitting here with two little girls, I don't know what to do with them. Can you help me?"

"Helping with what exactly?", I'm asking directly. I don't mind to do a little babysitting, but I don't want to be their nanny for two whole days, for sure.

"Maybe, you can drive home with me today and help me with getting them settled. It's only today, so I can get better in handling them. Do you mind?" Hm, I hope today doesn't change in two days. Should I say no? I do know the these questions and I'm not sure about it, absolutely not sure.

My mind decides otherwise. "Yes, I do not mind. But I do mind about my way home, because you are living on the other side of the city. Are there busses, which can take me home in the night?" At first he's smiling at me, because I've said yes. But then, he is showing me a worried face. "Not exactly, truly nature is my neighbor at all sides, so there is no option of public transportation. Maybe I can drive you home the next day and you can use a guest room. Please, Mrs McKenzie, you take a great responsibility off my shoulders, if you can help me tonight." His eyes seems like puppy-size, so it's really hard to withstand his look. I don't like it one bit. I mistrust his intentions really, I don't like to be a cheap employer for every whim of him.

"Okay, can you drive me home the next morning, actually, how can I get there and back, because I should take my most important utensils with me."

"I can drive you exactly in five minutes. After you finished packing, we must go to the main station quickly. My sister wants to make an example for nature conversation, so she starts with herself and her kids, so you don't need to wonder why we are driving there. Let me pack my things and in five at the garage entrance."

So I get out of the office at once he's done with speaking. I'm giving my "okay", so I can go in search for my bag and putting in all of my important belongings. He said, we are driving at first to my apartment and I can gather my stuff together. Hm, I might be showering at his place, so I should take my hairsoap and bath towel with me. Better to write a list, before I forget the all-important things.

I'm sitting on my chair, as I'm doing thought writing, while my boss is closing his door behind him, to get things done. "Mrs. McKenzie, didn't we want to meet at the garage entrance? Why are you sitting here quietly, then?"

Oh, I must have forgotten time. "Excuse me, Mr. Watson, I wrote a list, so I don't forget things at my place. I hope, you don't mind."
"It does not matter, but we should be faster afterwards. Let's go, then." I'm taking my bag and run after my boss. He's out of sight, but after a few seconds I'm with him again.

"So, what do you need to take with you from your home? By the way, you can call me Oliver, you don't mind, do you?"

"Oh, yeah, you can call me Wanda, too. I don't need very much, the normal things you need on a daily basis, so it shouldn't be a great deal."

He's heading to a black Jeep. I'm lifting myself on the passenger side, only to overlook everything. It's really a great view.

"Excuse my choice of car, today, but I didn't know that my nieces are showing up today. It was surprising, really. I don't have child safety seats either, but I don't we nee them. They are only a few month old, so they are lying in so called 'maxi-cosis', that's apparently a kind of booster seat."

Hm, he doesn't seem to know a lot about babies. I don't either, I only overlooked my neighbors childs back in the 90s, I can only hope I find a way to get my knowledge about little kids back then.

After a short stop at my place, we are arriving at the main station 15 minutes later.

"We do have 5 minutes left, so we have enough time to walk a little bit slower. I did run in the morning a few  miles and my feet are hurting badly. I think I've overpowered myself."

My view is now focused on his face, during our walk to the platform 12. "I don't know for sure, sports can be really intensiv, but the endorphins you're getting from them, are great. You are living again and your heart is pondering stronger than before."

"Your description is right. Do you want to train with me tomorrow morning then?" Oh no, I'm not that fit. What should I do now?