Really?

The next day the hospital got very worried and phoned David up because she was actually getting worse somehow! He just reassured them that she just needs a bag of dirt and some plants and that they need to be changed every week.

"Okay campers!" David cheerfully said. All of the campers groaned in response. "Today we will be doing tye dyeing!" A couple of the campers got a little exited but others weren't.

"Everyone get some part of clothing that is white, get some quick drying dye and go to town." Gwen informed.

Neil noticed that Max quickly grabbed a white bandanna and some dye then ran off to his tent when he thought nobody was looking.

'what is he doing' he thought to himself. He silently followed Max into their shared tent (after grabbing some green and blue dye and a white bandanna so he didn't seem suspicious). He peered inside and saw max tie dyeing the bandanna, but the colors weren't visible because Max had his back to Neil.

"What are you doing?"Neil startled Max. He quickly turned around, hiding the bandana and dye behind his back.

"Nothing!"

"Then why did you bring dye and a bandana in here?"

"I- uhh, fuck it!" Max flung his arms outwards revealing a crumpled up bandana in one hand and a bottle of pink dye in the other. Max looked down in embarrassment as Neil just stared.

"Really?" Neil questioned.

"I know, it's dumb."

"No, not that." Max looked at him confused. "Why are you hiding? Just because it's pink?"

"Well, I-" Max tried to defend himself

"You don't have to be ashamed because you like the color pink." Neil consoled him. Max just looked down in shame. "Hey" He placed a hand on Max's shoulder and went silent for a moment.

"Look, I don't want this to get personal so can you just get out?" Max stated.

"Come one Max, it's not that big of a deal"

"So what if it isn't? Even if I do go out there in this Nurf will probably beat the shit out of me anyway." Max noted

"So why are you making it then?" Neil asked. Max went silent and looked down in embarrassment. He mumbled something under his breath but Neil couldn't make it out. "What?" Max said it a bit louder but he still couldn't hear it. "I can't hear you"

"It's my favourite color!" Max gave in and told him.

"Oh, Well that's bullshit." Neil said bluntly. Max got angry at him for a moment.

"What?"

"It's bullshit that you can't wear your favourite color!" Max got confused but calmed down. The tent fell silent and Neil thought for a moment. Suddenly he grabbed the dye out of Max's hand.

"Hey!" Neil squirted the dye onto the majority of his own bandana. Max was stunned a little, it took him a couple of seconds to realise that Neil was holding the dye Infront of him. He grabbed back the dye and stood there. "What just happened?"

"Now you won't have to go out alone!" Max softly smiled.

"Wow. Thanks." Max finished dying his bandana and tied it around his head as Neil tied it around his neck. They went outside, side by side.