'click'

When I was in college I would sometimes spend the night in my friend's dorm because we would study or do homework.

One time his radio turned on and it woke me up so I stood up slowly, because it was the middle of the night. I walked towards the radio and watched as the button turning off the radio went down and back to its original position with a 'click'.

I didn't sleep the rest of the night hoping I would be fine but I ended up asleep with bruises on my left shoulder and arm.

My friend woke up and I told him what had happened he said: "yeah I think the couch is broken or something when I sleep on it, it bruises me."

My thoughts about ghosts and other ridiculous things like that subsided and I never thought of the occurrence again.

At least until my friend was found dead, the cause of death was internal bleeding due to severe bruising.

I immediately went to the library on campus to research what had happened and if anything similar had happened recently.

This is what I found...

"Please explain in great detail what happened, sir."

"Oh... Ok, well my daughter was about four years old she had just started sleeping in her own bedroom. On Monday she told me there was a man in her closet watching her and when she woke up the man had hurt her. That... that he gave her bruises. At first, I didn't believe her because there were no bruises or any marks on her. So I dismissed it and reassured her that everything was fine.

I wish I would have taken it seriously or at least investigated... maybe this wouldn't have happened..."

"I understand that this is horrible but can you please continue."

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were the same she would tell me of the man and I assumed she was just scared of being alone. Saturday I woke up had some coffee nothing seemed off at first until around ten that was when she usually woke up. Um...(sob) she uh... died in the night, there were bruises all over her arms and blood on her lips. I need to know who did this officer... please (sob). Please."

The murder was never found or even identified.