Chapter 6

Kourin was sitting on the bed that night, she was staring at the night sky through the van window. She was covered in thick blankets and a small heater was set up. It was a cold night, it felt like there could be any snowstorm coming.

The blonde lady could only think of what she would do for the next day or so, and which place to go next. She turned on the dim light and took a book, she started to read a history book and stayed like that for a while.

A knock was heard on the van door, Kourin got up from the bed and she opened the door.

"Aichi!" Kourin saw Aichi smiling at her and holding a small flower.

"Good evening, Kourin-san." He spoke and went inside the van, he handed the flower to her.

"Thank you for this… Where have you been?" Kourin asked as Aichi sat on the bed.

"I was just wandering around, this forest seem to be full of animals. I also found wolves, but they're the normal ones, not werewolves like us." Aichi replied and he looked at the other truck. "Hey, Kourin-san."

"Hmm?" Kourin sat on her bed again.

"What is wrong with saying mate?" Aichi blinked, Kourin blushed hardly and she cleared her throat.

"You do know that the word "mate" has other meaning than friend, right?" Kourin told him, Aichi was astonished by that information.

"Eh?! Really?!"

"Yes, there's another meaning which says that mate can also mean…" Kourin was hesitant to say the word as she didn't feel like it was appropriate.

"Mean what?" Aichi was more curious than ever, and his cute expression was not helping. Kourin could only give up, it wasn't as if it's that bad to say it, right?

"Two people doing it."

"Ah, mating."

"Yes."

Aichi and Kourin looked at each other with serious faces, suddenly Kourin giggled while Aichi was the one blushing instead.

"I-I'm sorry about that, I embarrassed you in front of Misaki-san and Kai-kun." Aichi bowed.

"I-it's alright, really!" Kourin assured him. "Anyways, you should go to sleep. It's getting late."

Aichi nodded as he closed the van door. "I will go sleep at the front."

"No."

"Huh?"

Kourin grabbed Aichi by the cloth of his shirt. "Sleep with me."

"But Kourin-san, isn't this too much?!" Aichi exclaimed.

"Shush! And it's not, you're only sleeping beside me. Don't get any other ideas."

"W-well… if you insist..."

-

The time was already 12:30 AM, Aichi woke up by Kourin's movements. Aichi glanced to the other side and Kourin turned to face her back on him.

'Why does it feel like she's moving too much?' He thought. 'Is she dreaming?'

Kourin let out a noise in her sleep, and her body shuddered. This gave Aichi the thought that she's having a nightmare, and it's concerning him.

"Kourin-san…" He muttered.

Kourin moaned a little as she turned to face him and she embraced him. Aichi blushed and wrapped his arms around her body, that was the only thing he could do.