C h a p t e r - O n e

It was the night before Halloween. Stores were open, and flooded with last minute shoppers. I watched from The Treeline as people ranging from little kids to adults try on outfits of all different types.

     I, myself was wearing a (F/c), ripped onsie, with a (S/f/c) sweater on top, my (h/l), (h/c ) hair was matted and tattered, I have scars and scratches all over my face. I got disgusted looks from people considering it isn't technically Hallows eve yet.

     If only they knew.

     I took off down the road and towards a familiar field. I stopped in my tracks, not seeing who I was looking for. Slightly disappointed, I walk into the field, Stalks of corn towering about eight feet over me.

     "Sam?" I called out In a quiet voice. There was no response. I walked farther into a field and into a clearing. There he was, standing his back towards me with a lollipop, bigger than normal in his hand. It looked like a bite was taken out of it.

     "Sam?" I repeat, hesitantly walking towards him. No answer. He tilts his head, still faced the opposite way. I raise my hand and put it on his shoulder, shaking him from his dazed form. He turned his head toward me and put a finger up to his covered lips, in a 'hush' motion.

     I looked toward where he originally was and saw a run down dark brown house, Halloween decorations lazily thrown apon it. By now the sun was starting to set. It was almost pitch black. What I believe set him off was the lack of Jack-O-Lanterns.

     "Give them a break Sammy, its not Halloween yet..." I whisper. I grip his small hand. Mine was just barely bigger than his. I gently pull him through the field and towards the main road.

     I look at Sam and then look up at the moon.

     "Its almost time... Don't worry..."