Chapter 2

Song: Seasons Changing by Charles Bolt

19 years ago

I was 6 years old when I was able to set foot into the palace and it wasn't for something I did, it was because my parents were on a business trip, I don't quite remember what was about but what I do remember is that they were eager to go and consult it with the king of the gods.

Stories about the palace's beauty were actually meaningless compared to seeing it live, so much...light. There was not a single part in this place that I wasn't amazed with, everything was made of a white rock with black or gray lines that my mom used to call marble, and as the minutes went by, I realized that there were an infinity of corridors covered with paintings, sculptures and windows that successfully hid the excessive whiteness provided by the marble. Each painting was a little (a lot) bloodier than the previous one, and by its looks I could deduce they were about all of Odin's battles and story, when he traded one of his eyes for wisdom, when he met Frigga, when he went on his journey to unify the 9 kingdoms and so on.

 I was lost by the moment I finished watching the paintings and one thing was certain, my mother was going to kill me for wandering off specifically when she told me not to. So I did what was my best shot...I began to run toward any corridor that seemed familiar to me because I was too proud to cry or scream in a place that I definitely don't know.

I was running like there was no tomorrow, passing corridor after corridor until I heard voices, children's voices, and I decided to make a run for it. When I turned around the corridor I was trapped in, I went into what appeared to be a room, that's when I saw them:

There were two boys in that room, one of them was definitely taller than me had an amazing blonde hair that was cut at shoulder height, he also had deep blue eyes, and he looked like he was mad about something. The other one was tall as me, had a pitch black hair that totally contrasted the other one's, but he also had a lighter eye color, being that color green, but there was something rare besides his skin color being paler than the other, but I couldn't identify it, maybe it was his innocent look despite the blonde's accusations?

I said accusation because I heard the blonde saying that he was certain the other one had something that doesn't belong to him, all of this while the other one was denying it. I was educated to never interrupt another conversation but, I don't know if I can call that a conversation so I decided to step in.

Maybe that was a mistake

And I say mistake because the moment I entered the room, both of them turned to look at me, the first one with angered eyes while the other one was shocked.

— Who are you and who gave you the right to step into a prince's chambers? — The first one spoke, wow, I definitely did a mistake by walking in here.

— Brother, don't waste your time talking to the service people — The green eyed one didn't even look at me to say that.

Prince's chambers

That's when it dawned on me, I just walked into the Odinson brother's territory. Maybe if I listened to my instructor when she taught me about the noble families, I could remember what the rude people that I had in front of me were called but no, I preferred to draw a butterfly that was on the window rather than do what I was told to do. Great, just great.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi!

How was this chapter? 

Do you have any questions so far? Let me know!

— Andy S.