Chapter 1

Song: Fickle Game by Amber Run

7 years

7 years had passed since I set foot in that place many would call Asgard, the city of the gods, and yet,  it was as if time had stopped for something (or maybe someone) to set it back on track. 

Their buildings were exactly as I remembered them, the light that came from the sky made the city shine like it was made of gold, the sea of space that ran below the rainbow bridge was glowing, making it hard to look away, once I entered the city, I caught myself seeing asgardians run from one place to another, either to buy or sell food, tools, clothes or other items that seemed to go through a process in which the merchant put some effort into, like handicrafts.

The reason behind all of the dynamism was that today the city was in a mood of celebration and, if my memory serves me right, the occasion was a birthday. Not just any birthday, it was one of the prince's birth anniversary and just because of it, everyone was celebrating like they were assisting to the big event themselves. Don't get me wrong, not all the people of Asgard could enter into Odin's home, the castle wouldn't handle it, imagine more than three thousand people in a castle drinking, dancing, fighting, breaking things, and doing extracurricular activities I'm sure they must be done in a private place, like, imagine the disaster that would unfold the next day. 

I'm sure Odin does imagine the problem it would be, so he would only invite certain nobles to this type of celebration, even another culture's gods, such as the infamous Heracles (I said infamous because he is able to drink his own weight in alcohol and when he gets drunk, it's exactly like having three thousand people partying like there's no tomorrow in your castle).

For Valhalla, how much I remember from the years I used to live here, it was like there was no ending in all the adventures I had with the Odinson brothers, or at least, with one of them.

As I was mesmerized seeing everything become a blur from the carriage I was traveling in, multiple memories passed trough my mind like a tornado I totally wasn't prepared for; I saw a beautiful pair of eyes, a sunrise, a ball, a beautiful bouquet of deep red geraniums and a letter. But with them came a feeling of sadness, was I doing the right choice by coming back?

After asking myself that question, I drifted off to sleep counting that my mind will decide it to be a great moment to walk me through the memory lane once more.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

I'm passing by to ask you guys if you liked the story so far and what can be improved about it, because I believe that to make a story enjoyable for everyone we must learn to listen to what everyone has to say, thank you so much for your time and keep reading!

—Andy S.