Chapter 1: The Funeral

The black tar skies stretched over the hundreds of depressed beings below. The skies cried as if it too had felt the loss of the hero. This feeling spread throughout all of the regions, reching the farthest corners of the globe. It tainted the once joyful hearts of the planet's living beings.

The skies grew even darker as the moment arived. People and pokemon alike watching in sadness as the large black casket was lowered six feet below the Earth. As the box sank, so did the hearts of every onlooker. Not a dry eye could be seen from either species. 

The boy they were mourning was a friend to all, and family to a special few. He had a reputation for being one of the strongest young trainers and a legacy that stood high above any legendary pokemon. He was the heart and soul of the battling scene, as well as the savior of countless region, including his own. The same one he was currently being barried in... or so everyone thought.

After the devestating exposion the boy's body was not recovered. He was so close to the exposion that everyone said that there was no way that anyone could have survived. The funeral was to help everyone cope with these recent events. To bring together those who shared the same emotional torment brought on by one man. This man was none other than Giovanni, the once prideful leader of the now fallen Team Rocket.

From the sky it was seen that the muddy ground was dotted with hundreds of black umbrellas, keeping the rain from people's faces, but not the tears from their eyes. It was then that the casket reached the bottom of the hole. Even with the terrifying black box no longer in sight, no one could bare to look.

Everyone became lost in their memories of the boy. Memories of battles, meeting wild pokemon, defeating vilans, and more. The only thing that could be heard was the reain as it began to come down harder and faster than before.

Suddenly, a cry of great distress was heard. Everyoneone in the small graveyard looked up to see a large bolt of lightning not strike down upon them, but instead fly upward, splitting the clouds in the sky.

The historic thunderbolt soon ceased. Again, everyone looked, but this time they were looking down upon a pokemon. Standing right before the gravestone was a pikachu holding a red and white hat with a green symbol at the center, bawling its eyes out in loud sobs at the loss of his trainer and best friend.

The grave read: Ash Ketchum. A son, a friend, and a true pokemon master.