Chapter 15

Jisung stayed home the day after that. Then that, then the day after that one. 2 weeks into his absence, his friends got worried. They called and texted, even visited a few times, but Jisung was already swallowed into the darkness of his blankets, full of tears and only getting out at 1 am to get a small snack and a drink.  His aunt was always at work and was too busy to remember that Jisung was even there. When she did remember, she would bring him food at his doorway, simply thinking he was packed with homework, when really he was just lost in his thoughts.

"Jisung why don't you ever come out of your room?" Jisung's aunt knocked on his door lightly.

"Hm..." Jisung groaned barely keeping up his voice with a croaky throat.

His aunt sighed and walked away to continue her work. She really was packed with paperwork and couldn't decide whether to take up several hours to talk Jisung out of his room or to work. She had to work though.

1 month later...

"Jisung! You haven't been going to school all this time?" His aunt was knocking on his door vigorously but yelling in a only worried tone.

"You caught me..." Jisung croaked out.

"Jisung, please tell me what's wrong."

"I'm a whore."

"Jisung...you aren't sweetie. Don't tell me this is about your mother."

Jisung was silent. His beautiful mother, always full of delight was now way above him. But it wasn't only that.

"Jisung...I'm really busy and I have a business trip coming soon. I really don't know how to control you and I don't know much, but please take care of yourself."

Jisung stayed silent. He pulled away the blankets revealing his puffy eyes from crying so much.

"I can't...I don't-I just can't." He whispered to himself.

1 week later

"Jisung, I left some money and a lot of food and snacks in the fridge. My friend will be coming to drop off some things. Please take care of yourself." Then, Jisung heard the door shut.