The Death of A Lannister

Luna's hair was a mess in front of her face. It was a rather windy summer day and things had been a bit hectic in their community since the death of Tyrion Lannister in the realm. An old friend to Jon and the last of the Lannister's.

Luna found the whole matter disturbing. Everything from her father's grief, which had caused him to drink throughout the day as well as the night now, all the way to the extinction of a house. A whole name, for the most part, wiped from their world.

Luna found herself standing in front of her father's tent once again, as she had done two nights before.

Jon had yet to emerge from his tent in the past two days and none of the kids had taken the time to visit him.

It wasn't because they didn't love their father. It was because of the way he handled death. Tormund had told the children all about what their father had to do to stop the Dragon Queen from destroying the realm. Her death left an impact on Jon that not many people could see. Luna, however, had seen parts of her father the other children had not. Little did Luna know, the things had seen were nothing compared to what was still to come.

Jon was grieving and it was becoming more and kore obvious as the time went on.

Luna's eyes merged toward the large iron cup that seemed to be her father's best friend lately. These last few days the cup had been in his hand more than his sword had, and that was unusual for Jon.

Usually, he fought each of his children once a day in an attempt to teach them how to use it. Lessons that had only stuck with Rickon and Luna.

Jon took a sip of his ale, hardly noticing his daughter's entrance.

Luna felt a rage build up in the pit of her stomach as she watched the three men. Dim, Tormund and her own father all sat around, wallowing in their self-pity as if it were them that had been murdered.

Luna couldn't stand the sight in front of her. Her anger pushed her forward, one foot-stomping in front of the other until she was standing in front of her father, "So you're just gonna drink yourself to death now?"

Jon looked at Luna, slightly puzzled. The ale had long consumed his brain, causing his usual thoughts to be disrupted.

There was no sign of the usual smile he always gave his children. Noticing this caused Luna take in more of his features for the first time in a while. His cheekbones had sunk in, and his hair was thinning out. a sign of his age, or maybe depression. Luna wasn't sure about that one.

However, what she was sure of, is that her father needed to get back on his feet, and tough love was the way to do it. "So you're just going to let your friends murder go without getting justice?" Luna now looked at Jon with a rather sickly feeling in her gut. It was harsh to say it the way she had. She knew Jon would go to the end of the world for the people he cared for. but she also knew that the ones he cared for the most were right here with him, and he had not seen Tyrion Lannister in nearly twenty years.

Jon looked up to the female version of himself. Her long dark hair was laying over her shoulders and she wore an irritated expression. He sat his cup down on the wooden table that was beside him and leaned forward, looking into Luna's eyes, "I gave up the realm twenty years ago," He began before taking an exaggerated pause, "And that includes the ones who stayed in it."

"Then why do I check on Sansa?" She blurted out. Luna could feel her face turning a bright shade of red, and Jon now knew how angry his child really was with him.

He sat back once again and shook his head, "Sansa has nothing to do with this."

The statement was plain, with no emotion in his voice. All Luna could catch was the slur of his words.