The Castle Has Fallen

"Luna!" Jon repeated for nearly the hundredth time, still with no response from his daughter. If he had known that Luna was controlling the boy, he never would have touched him.

Now he sat there, once again begging his daughter to wake up, only to feel more and more regret with every unanswered cry.

Jon would have no chance to tell her how sorry he was, or how he should have just come with her. Hell, he would have no chance to tell her he had thrown his cup away once he found it in the woods.

Jon had finally managed to come to terms with his drinking problem, only for it to be too late.

"Luna," He yelled out once more, tears burning at the corners of his eyes.

Jon looked up and made eye contact with Rickon, shaking his head as he let Luna's body fall to the ground, "I killed my little girl," He muttered.

As if he had been reading Jon's mind, Tormund came bursting through the door, a grin on his face, "Wasn't many left outside to ki-" Tormund was cut off when his eyes trailed down to the body of the dead girl. He slowly made his way to his best friend and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, "I'm so sorry, brother."

The heartache was something that could be felt around the room.

Rickon made his way over and knelt beside his sister, "We should take her home." He spoke softly, wiping a strand of hair out of Luna's face.

Jon nodded his head in agreement, "We will clean up the bodies before we bring the children through the gate," He spoke and Rickon knew he was referring to Lyanna and Rosiah. Jon would have never left the girls behind without Rickon, or Luna there to protect them.

"I need a moment alone with her," Jon's voice was now trembling and he had finally felt a pain much worse than killing a woman you love, now that he had killed his child.

Jon wasn't sure how he would manage to go about his life now that he had done this. He knew he couldn't drink the pain away this time.

As the others stood to their feet and began to leave, Tormund let his hand linger on his best friend's shoulder, "Right outside the door if-" Once again Tormund had been cut off by Luna, only this time, it was a gasp that left her lips.

Everyone in the room turned to look at Luna who was not sitting up, clutching her chest in pain, "Father, make it stop." She begged.

Jon, more shocked than the rest, was unaware of what to do, "Tormund, Go get Dim, NOW!" His cracking voice had changed to stern.

Jon knelt back down next to his daughter, pulling her into his arms, "Dim is coming," He assured her, hoping there was some way he could ease her pain, "You know, you should be dead." He told her.

"I think for a moment I was, father," Luna began, still clutching her chest as if her touch was the only thing keeping her alive, "I don't know how, but I was inside of a person."

Jon nodded his head, a grin breaking through the fearful expression he had been wearing, "And I nearly killed you."

Luna let out a soft chuckle before she groaned in pain once more, "You did kill me," She began, looking up into her father's eyes, "But I came back."

No sooner than the words left her mouth, Dim came rushing through the door, a small vile in his hands, "Dear Heavens, How are you alive?" He asked as he knelt by Jon and Luna.

Luna's body still trembled with pain as she slowly sat herself up, "I was hoping you could tell me that."

However, Dim was just as shocked as anyone else in the room. He had never seen a soul live through something so traumatic, yet here she was.