Researching Tough Topics

Researching tough topics. First off, DO NOT GO TO GOOGLE OR WIKIPEDIA if you are researching a deep topic like mental illnesses or anything that requires a good amount of information. Yes, researching takes time depending on the situation your character is in, but it is worth it when you are trying to make your book seem as real as possible.

When your reading an article about your topic, make sure that it is unbiased. You should also pay attention to the website, the audience that the article is pointing towards (ex. Doctors, professors, general population, etc.) and if the article has supporting details or references at the end of the article.

Another tip to researching a topic is to check the date. You don't want to pick an article about the effects of immigration and the date says January 25, 1999. Especially if your book is based off this day and age. You want your information to be as accurate as possible.

Make sure that the website is organized and is able to read. If you can't tell what you are reading, exit out the article ASAP. Use websites that end with .edu or .gov preferably. Also, avoid authors that are anonymous.

A List of credible websites
- academic.microsoft.com
- Refseek.com
- Jstor.org
- Scholar.google.ru
- Core.ac.uk
- Oclc.org
- science.gov

I hope this helped you more on your research and if you need anything you can message me.

Written by @_INDIARAIE_