#8 ALONE

NATSU POV
I looked over at Lucy who still looked pale. Ignoring the demon in the room, I walked closer to her.

"Lucy are you OK?" my voice wavered slightly.She nodded, not answering with words. Luce opened her mouth to talk but the words seemed lodged in her throat.

"Natsu h-he's telling the t-truth....." my supportive side immediately died away.

"What do you mean 'he's telling the truth'?" i closed my fists making them white at the knuckles.

She was silent again.

"ANSWER ME LUCY, GOD DAMN IT!"
I slammed my clenched fists on the operating table, making all the medical tools fall to the floor with a crash.

"I dreamt of the future.... I-I had a son.. I saw everything as if it were a memory and N-not a dream. I saw me lying on this infirmary bed with my baby in my arms. Everyone surrounded us to praise him as a new guild member. He had blonde hair and........" she paused.

"And what Lucy?"

She bit her bottom lip and looked at me with an afraid expression.

"And onyx eyes......"

I laughed.

Hahhah idiots!

"This isn't a laughing matter natsu!" zeref scolded.

"Lives are at stake and you're laughing!"

I caught my breath and replied.

"It's just that how many people have onyx eyes. Millions right so explain how I could possibly be the father."

"Because who else has onyx eyes and can teach Fire Dragon slayer magic?"

Oh shit!

"Natsu he's coming here, to this time to destroy Fairy Tail and-"

"Let me guess.. Kill me?" I interrupted, not really bothered by it. I mean come on a lot of people want me dead.

Zeref shook his head .

"Not you natsu....... (Y/N)......." a long silence followed, filling up the infirmary. Lucy hid her face. Zeref continued.

"Natsu... even though she isn't with you.. I know you still harbour feelings for h-" I interrupted.

"You don't know shit Zeref!"
Zeref stood his ground.

"Hey Natsu breath...."

Fire engulfed my body like a bonfire.

"You have no idea what it felt like so don't go around preaching that you do!"

Lucy saw me edging towards Zeref with a murderous intent.

"Stop! Natsu don't! I beg of you please don't!" her pleas fell on deaf ears.

I raised my hand at Zeref's stiff and firm body.

"Or what Blondie?" I yelled at her.

She looked around desperate, till her brown orbs landed on a pair of serated scissors on the nightstand closest to her. In less than a second she had them in her hands with the blades facing dangerously close to her heart.

" Or this.." she drew it closer to herself as she cried "is the last you see of me...... Is that what you want Natsu Dragoneel?"

Memories of High school flashed back, Lucy and me, Grey and Juvia, Gajeel and Levy, Ezra and Jellal, Mira and Laxus and all of us. Happy... In love...........