Ch 29. Lily Green

A tall, lanky teenage girl bent down to strike a match, then  held the flame to a cinnamon candle. She shook the match and tossed it in the trash, before whiffing the sweet scent. Thunder and rain sounded  in the distance.

She sat down on a red velvet couch. A small grey kitten rubbed its head against her shoulder and kneaded itself into her lap.

The house was warm, cozy, and hospitable. The windows were, but, boarded up with splintered wood and nails. The boards separated the freezing storm on the streets of red to the warmth and vibrant colors of her home.

Pale hazel and velvet decorated the room, and vines climbed the walls. Vibrant red flowers poked out behind leaves on the brick fireplace.

The teenager swung her feet up onto the side of the couch, the grey kitten curled up on her lap. All seemed serene and peaceful

until- a loud banging interrupted the girl right as she had slipped into a peaceful nap.

Groaning, the green-haired girl trudged to the door. Closing her red eye, she used her one green eye to gaze through the peephole.

She gasped, before fumbling with the many locks on her door.

The door swung open and lightning struck behind the four soaked figures standing in the rain.

Oliver was holding Maya's jacket over him and Taube, though it was already soaked. It leaked onto the fairy's tattered and soaked wings which he flicked in aggravation. Beside them was Maya and Max; the taller Psychic was blocking the confused and frightened girl from the storm.

"Oliver!" The teenage girl shouted, immediately recognizing the boy. She ushered the group into the warmth of her home, allowing them to escape from the cold and hostile streets of Red.

Closing the door behind them, she spun around and lifted her arm, holding everyone but Oliver in place with crimson magic. Her eyes darkened, dagger's glared into Oliver's own wide eyes.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Lily! D-don't hurt them, they're with me. They're my friends! L-look at them, they're harmless!"

Oliver's sister glanced at his newly found friends.

"They're different elementals." She pondered aloud, her voice rough and untrusting. Max, Maya, and Taube all cringed under the strangers icy gaze, despite held captive by the red aura.

Knowing Oliver as such an innocent, kind elemental, the group had been looking forward to meeting his sister. However, exhausted and expecting the familiar pleasantries of Oliver himself, they were met with an icy glare and hostility.

"Why's everyone tryna kill each other all the time?" Max asked, genuinely curious about the scenario.

"Good question." Taube said, "Put us down!"

"L-Lily, please? I-I'll explain everything, just please let us st-stay here for a little bit..." Oliver muttered shyly, fidgeting as he gazed up at his sister with pleading eyes.

Lily's heart sunk and her magic wavered, flickering for a moment. After a long moment, she groaned and released the three. Lily crossed her arms.

"Bathroom's down the hall to the left. Kitchen's right there. Help yourself to whatever." Her words were kind, but a hint of fear hid behind an annoyed and angry tone.

"Bro. Let's talk. Now." Lily grabbed Oliver's wrist and lead him to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

'A/N sorry for the short chapter! This book will be ending soon but I will be releasing Discord Isles: Daybreak (Book II)!! Not quite sure when yet but I will let you know when I have a fair idea!'