Dream.04

"Miss, wake up! This isn't a place to sleep."

Akira woke up from the guard's voice only to find herself sleeping in the corridors. She remembered how she was on her way to go home last night when she felt someone was following her.

'I must have lost consciousness.' she thought as she got up. It was already 6 in the morning and her class starts at 7 and so she decided to just went straight to class.

Geeks are usually the only present ones when it comes to 7 AM class. Akira is a geek herself but is not part of the early club who would want to attend a 7AM class. Only if it wasn't her favorite subject apart from Law, Philosophy.

''Today, we will be looking into Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

According to Plato, there are two worlds - the world of reality and the ideal one. In here, he described it by illustrating three men trapped in the cave since birth, chained to some rocks, their arms and legs are bound and their head is tied leaving them with no choice but to only look forward facing the stonewall in front of them.

Behind them is fire and behind it was a path leading to the real world. But of course no one knows about this fact. When people outside the cave would pass, their shadows along with the things they would carry would be formed in the stonewall which the prisoners are facing.

And from there they made their own reality. Pointing and naming things based on what they see. For them what was in front of them was what was real.

Now, what if one of them is able to escape and discover that reality is only behind them? "

'His friends would definitely told him he was crazy if he tells them.'

The class grew silent as Akira spoke. She herself was astounded by her sudden outburst. It was not meant to be shared after all.

''And will you still tell them Miss Miyasaki, knowing they won't believe you?''

She thought for a few seconds before answering her professor.

''I will. The truth is after all the truth even if no one will believe it is. It's up to them to forever live as fools. I've done my part, to give my share of saving.''

''Good for you, but sad and pityful for the reality of humanity. When faced with the truth, we often deny it, 'cause we couldn't accept all this time we were wrong. It's hard to change what has been established as the reality.

Man creates his own reality that is actually what is ideal. He teaches himself of what is the truth his limited understanding could only fathom. Rejecting what reality is.''

Everyone focused their attention to the person who just arrived.

He was a definition of a Greek God by his stance, face, built and aura. The girls couldn't help but fantasize him, not even trying to conceal their admiration.

''You must be Mr. Salvatore. Class, meet Zack Salvatore, the director of this year's International Science Fair.''

'Isn't he too young to be a director?' Akira thought.

''I may look too young but my years of experience as well as my credentials would certainly justify to that.''

She was shocked to hear those words from the director. For a moment she thought he could read her mind. But in the end, she decided it was mere coincidence.

Every year the Interational SciTech Group would launch its International Science Fair showcasing scientific discoveries, and introducing new technology to the public. It is a gathering among scientist, young, old, aspiring and already known.

For this year, the host country is the Philippines, in partnership with their university. Akira doesn't have the slightest interest about the event that's coming up that she failed to notice how big of an event this actually is.

''I hope to see you during the opening most especially. Good day.''

And just like that Mr. Salvatore bid his farewell not to the class - for what it seemed to be for Akira.

'Is he looking at me? When he said you, was it like, you as in me? Not general but specific?'

Dream Report
Dreamer: A1
Update: In progress
Potential Level : A+