4. Mission

"We have a lead on recent H.Y.D.R.A. activities. Normally, they'd send two or three of us, but from what we've heard this one might be bigger than we think."

You weren't looking at Steve but instead at the information in front of you. You were all sat in the quinjet while Nat was flying it. They'd usually take turns and sometimes they'd let you pilot it, despite the fact that you didn't even have a drivers permit yet. You either walked, flew, or had someone drive you to where you needed to be. Though truth be told, even if you weren't secretly a nearly 30-year old adult in a teenagers body, you knew how to drive anyways.

You were next to your dad, who was also looking at the information. And while all of them were discussing what the mission was, you were busy thinking.

'H.Y.D.R.A.?'

You hadn't heard of that name in a while. While you were more than confident that the group was still up and running in your original timeline, you had stopped joining all missions regarding H.Y.D.R.A. You left that to the government and lived your life as peaceful as can be.

But now that you were reminded of H.Y.D.R.A., you remember that S.H.I.E.L.D. had been infiltrated by the enemy group. That caused an uproar among the United Nations. Because of that, it was one of the reasons why Steve was so against the government taking control over the Avengers.

You furrowed your eyebrows.

What should you do with that information? Should you take that up with Director Fury? Would he even believe you? Perhaps you should go to Strange. He'd probably know what you should do; he probably already knows that his timeline's been jacked.

But... If your sense of time is correct, then chances are Strange isn't even here yet- at least, with the wisdom of the temple folks and time stone. Perhaps there's someone else who holds that wisdom? After all, Strange had to get it from somewhere.

But what if they didn't want to help you? Then should you just remain silent as H.Y.D.R.A. quietly steered S.H.I.E.L.D.'s head in their goals?

Your head snapped forward when you heard Tony call your name.

"(Name)!"

You glanced at him.

"Yeah?"

"You listening?"

You nodded and stood up. You positioned yourself over the map on display and cleared your throat.

"So, Hulk and Thor tank the front line while Black Widow and Hawkeye flank the rear. Captain, Iron Man and I head into the building and take care of each floor, hall, section, whatever. One of the floors holds the files we need, and if our information is right, then it's not on the first 4 floors. As far as we know, there's more than a few hundred enemies, soldiers, and non-soldiers alike. No civilians in a 130-mile radius. Anything I miss?"

After your mess up with Tony a few days ago, you made an effort to remember all of the missions from then on, which going on these missions helps with jogging back your memory. This one was easy to remember; Steve chewed you out for not paying attention when you were in the quinjet and you had been pissy for a while afterward.

You even stole and hid his shield, much to everyone's annoyance when the next mission came around.

You glanced at the rest of your teammates as you finished your recap of what you assumed Steve said. They were silent and looked at each other.

Steve coughs into his fists and looks at everyone else except for you.

"Well, I couldn't have worded it any better."