Prologue

Years and years can pass and the heart will want what the heart will want. Those were the words etched into the silver and gold encassed book that were the only mementos for Elise Lawley. It had been two years since Marie and Tristan Lawley were murdered in there home. When Elise arrived home that cold September day she had instantly felt a sense of dread. All along the street were cop cars and a lone ambulance. She had been told that her parents had gotten into an arguement and it had turned terribly violent fight that lead to both of there deaths. The papers wrote tales about the psychotic Romeo and Juliet. The question left standing to the public, however, was which one set the house on fire. Both of the parents had fatal wounds, there was no way possible for either one of them to set the house ablaze, and it was later found that the fire had started atleast an hour before either of the two victims.

It didn't matter though. As far as the papers and public who hadn't been on seen they killed each other. Elise was nothing but a child trapped in a tragic world. She had people fighting for custody of her, blood related or not. The courts were going to place her with her moms bestfriend Abby, however, the day it was going to be fully decided a mysterious old woman appeared claiming to be her grandmother. Through many test the woman was soon granted custody by the courts, as she even had a will from Marie stating that if something ever happened to her, Elise would be in her grandmothers custody.

She was moved miles away to a small town called Peacehaven, in England. A seaside town that had a history, that was still unknown to even it's residence.