Chapter Ten

Buzz buzz … buzz buzz buzz buzz…

“Did she forget something?” Jennie mumbled as she reluctantly got out of bed. She rubbed her eyes as she walked towards the door.

With her eyes still half opened, Jennie opened the door. All of a sudden, a tall woman hastily entered the room and shut the door behind her. She pinned Jennie against the wardrobe and kissed her on the lips hungrily.

“I missed you,” the woman said after removing her lips from Jennie’s.

Jennie was momentarily stunned as she stared at the tall woman in front of her. The woman removed her cap and sunglasses and smiled at Jennie.

“Yuki chan, I thought you were filming in Hokkaido?” Jennie asked, her eyes were wide with surprise.

“There is a break in the filming schedule. I came here as soon as I arrived,” Yuki explained and she attempted to kiss Jennie again.

This time, Jennie gently pushed Yuki away. Yuki stared at her with a puzzled look on her face. She held Jennie at an arm’s length and studied the brunette’s face. The usual Jennie would have pulled her to bed and made out with her right away but tonight, there was something different.

“Something’s bothering you?” Yuki asked with concern. She brushed away the loose strands of hair from Jennie’s face and tucked them behind her ear.

“Nothing, maybe it’s because I just woke up from a nap,” Jennie replied with a yawn. She excused herself and went to wash up in the bathroom.

Jennie was splashing water on her face repeatedly. She looked at herself in the mirror and wondered why she rejected Yuki’s advances earlier on. Was it really because she was still half asleep? No, it wasn’t. Being half asleep was just an excuse and Jennie knew it deep inside her. Yuki’s kiss felt different. It wasn’t as sweet as Lisa’s. It wasn’t as gentle as Lisa’s. Yuki’s perfume was overpowering and she wondered why she didn’t sense it last time. She quickly dried her face with a towel and stepped out of the bathroom.

Yuki took off her jacket to reveal a white body-hugging tank top beneath it. She had a cocky smile on her face as she beckoned Jennie to join her in bed. Once Jennie got onto the bed, Yuki pulled her in for a kiss. Jennie relented but ended the kiss quite soon by giving the excuse that they ought to chat since they had not met for quite some time.

The two women cuddled in bed while sharing the stories of what they did during the day and how the filming for Yuki’s drama went.

While Jennie was sharing her experience at the Tsukiji Fish market, she conveniently left out the fact that she was with Lisa. She didn’t feel the need to tell Yuki about Lisa since they were only bed buddies.

Yuki kissed Jennie on her neck and shoulders while Jennie was talking. She reached one hand under Jennie’s tee and started caressing Jennie’s soft skin. The other hand was gently stroking Jennie’s thigh and inching her way upwards along her leg as she nibbled Jennie’s neck gently.

Her touch is … different … from Lisa’s. Why don’t I feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach when she touches me? I don’t want to do it…at least, not with her, not tonight.

Yuki tugged at the hem of Jennie’s tee and attempted to pull it over Jennie’s head when she got interrupted by a phone call. It was her stylist who called, asking her to prepare to leave as Yuki had an early morning shoot the next day.

Yuki sulked in bed for a long while. “Your work is more important. We can meet again when I come back to Tokyo,” Jennie said, trying to pacify the actress. The phone call saved Jennie as she wasn’t in the mood for hitting the sack with Yuki. Something just didn’t felt right and she didn’t know what it was.