Chapter 3 "Melodies and Music Stores"

Sahra's P.O.V

"Leave me alone" I muttered quietly as I tried to pass him and continue upstairs to my room but he quickly grabbed my hand dragging me backwards.

"NO! Not before you explain this!!" He yelled, the volume of his voice making me flinch.

"Sneaking out in the middle of the night to see a boy??? I would've never expected that from you, Sahra!! Never!" He yelled, his voce sounding more hurt than angry this time.

I really didn't care. If it wasn't for him I would still be happy. If it wasn't for him I would be brave. If it wasn't for him Amira would still be here...

I tried hard to swallow the lump forming in my throat but my body didn't seem to want to cooperate.

"Harry is just a friend, baba! He was there for me when no one else was" I mumbled quietly, still too much of a chicken to actually raise my voice. To actually express my thoughts. To say what I meant and not what I was raised to think... I was a puppet, the strings that restricted me from living way too strong to break.

"That's exactly what Amira told me when-"

"NO!"

Something just snapped inside of me when he mentioned her name. I couldn't take it... I didn't want to be this weak anymore. I was sick and tired of these tears.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!! Don't mention that name ever again and listen for fucks sake!! HARRY IS JUST A FRIEND!!" I shouted, clenching my hands in fists and turning around on my heel, running up the stairs to my bedroom.

I slammed the door shut, trying to keep my dad's angry calling after me out of my head and trying to escape the hurtful words. I was sick and tired of this.

I raised my hands up to my mouth, tracing the outline of my plump lips barely able to understand the words that had just slipped out of my mouth.

"Harry is just a friend" I repeated to myself as a way to keep these unfamiliar emotions under control. It just annoyed me how just the sound of his name and the thought of his brilliant emerald eyes borrowing mine could make butterflies appear in the bottom of my stomach. It was sickening really...

I buried my face in the pillow, letting a frustrated scream escape my mouth and get drowned by the soft, silky material my pillowcase was made of. A few hot tears trickling down my tan skin.

Why was all of this so hard? I sat up again, pulling my knees in towards my chest and narrowing my eyes in concentration about analyzing the weird feelings that enveloped me every time the thought of the tall, curly haired boy crossed my mind.

"Just a friend" I sighed. What a lie! Why couldn't I just accept it? I was just lying to myself... To everyone.

I rolled over at my back, closing my eyes slowly and thinking back at what had happened before all of this...

Flashback:

Black and white keys in a perfect, even order creating the most wonderful sound in the world if you just did it right.Such a fragile instrument. It might seem huge and overwhelming but the beautiful melodies this instrument created. One wrong note could spoil it all completely.

These sounds and this risk was all I craved right now... I just needed to get away. These nightmares. The painful sound of her scream. It was haunting me, slowly but surely degrading me. I needed to escape...

I made my down the street, watching as the lights in the familiar little building got turned off.

"No"