Chapter 1

Mercedes Catherine Taylor-Jones walked into high school with her friends. It was a brand new school year and she couldn't wait to get started. She'd just turned fifteen and had gotten a brand new car. Life was awesome.

She looked down the line of people and saw her crush, walking beside her brother and his friends. Her sister squeezed her hand and she came back to reality.

"I still wish you'd join cheer." Quinn Fabray cajoled slyly.

Mercedes shook her head. "No. Your coach is crazy."

"True." Santana Lopez nodded.

Brittany S. Pierce giggled. "She's so mean!"

"Ugh!" Quinn rolled her green eyes and looked behind them to their younger sister and little brother. "You better join!"

"Blah, blah, blah!" Marceline Anne Taylor-Jones rolled her own green eyes. "You better hope I want to be bothered."

Malcolm Chang Sr. snickered. "I'd love to see you in a cheer skirt."

"I'd think you'd like to see me in nothing at all."

He flushed but he was not embarrassed.

"Stop being dirty!" Mercedes ordered as they made it inside the huge sprawling building.

"It's like you don't even know me." Marcy smirked.

Santana laughed. "You're the best, Patti!"

"Sho you right!"

Brittany and Quinn giggled.

Mercedes huffed to keep from joining in. "You have to go to the gym to get your schedules."

"We know where that is." Marcy said.

Mercedes nodded before realizing Marcy had been sarcastic. "Marce!"

"Mikey, Mercy's being mean to me!"

Michael Chang Jr. shook his dark head. "Can't you guys get along for one day?"

"She's being bad!" Mercedes wanted to stomp a foot.

"Hug!" He didn't care.

"I'm not huggin her!" Marcy refused.

"Hug!"

The fourteen year old turned up her nose.

"I'll tell Laura!" Laura was the eldest of them and in her second year of university.

Marcy pouted but hugged Mercedes.

"Yeah..." Noah "Puck" Puckerman drooled.

Finn Hudson shook his head. "Dude!"

"Shameful..." Matt Rutherford added.

Puck shrugged carelessly even as his eyes lingered on Mercedes. "I can't help that girl on girl is hot."

"Man, you a perv." Marcy let her sister go. "I gotta find my friends. We out."

Mal glommed onto her back and they disappeared into the thicket that was the first day of school with two others.

Mike shook his head at his little sister's antics. "We'll see you guys later. Apparently there's a football meeting before classes."

"Bye, Mikey!" Mercedes and Quinn hugged him before waving him off.

The four boys walked off, leaving the four girls to sign up for different clubs in the main office by themselves.

W