Concept Seven:

Title(s):

The Oatoluke Academy for Elite Men

Concept:

The "Oatoluke Academy for Elite Men" was a boarding school that sat home in the gloomy countryside of Queensland, quite possibly being the only place within Australia that oddly enough never had sunlight reach its premise and had a constant stormcloud of rolling thunder brewing above. 

After our main character had an unfortunate but weighty mishap in his behavior, he is sent to the academy as a punishment--or as his parents put it, "as a way to make him the best man a man like he could be."

One of the first things that dawned on him once he arrived to Oatoluke was that 'Elite' was just a code-word for 'Ill-Behaved.' Violence decorated the hall; it wasn't uncommon for the main character to be looking out the window of a class, seeing white-knuckled fists harshly meeting another's cheek, or to walk from one class to another and pass a man with a black-bruised eye or bloody nose.

The new life he was forced to settle into was quite boring; seven hours a day of classes, strict rules that would end in additional punishment if broken, and borderline unmeetable standards put upon the students.

When a new student arrived, a trashy boy that had odd behavioral traits and a wicked taste for trouble, everything changed.

They were reckless and troublesome, creating enemies and fights and friends and alliances; they were just trying to make a miserable life something fun, even if that meant playing with fire.

Minor Information:

School is set up with cliques -- there's the "rebelious" students who are the violent ones that cause the most trouble, the "popular" ones who spread vicious lies and steal stuff from right under your nose, the "preps" (for lack of a better word) who are not outwardly mean and instead isolate people and silently mock them. Of course, there are people who fit outside the boxes, but it's a cliche school because that shit is fun to write, bite me!

Multiple dorm rooms; some hold a single person, some two, some a whole group. It's essentially a mini-house, holding a bathroom and a tiny kitchen area.

The academy is very gothic, old brick buildings with a lot of history to its name.

There's a large cafeteria, an incredibly large courtyard, multiple floor levels, an equestrian center, and thick gates of brick and iron that you then follow quite a long road before getting to the actual academy itself.