Waterfall

"Roger we've been driving for hours!" I complained.

"Just relax, Bea," Roger said. "We're almost there."

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," Roger said. "You'll have to wait." I rolled my eyes and laid back in my seat. After a few more minutes, Roger pulled into a dirt parking lot. He got out of the car and came around to my side, opening the door for me. I took his hand as I stepped out of the car a looked over at a trail.

"Are we going hiking?" I asked him. "I'm not wearing my hiking boots."

"It's not steep," he said. "You could climb this in flip flops." I giggled and Roger and I walked to the trail. After walking for about five minutes I saw a beautiful waterfall.

"This is incredible," I said. "Where are we?"

"Michigan," Roger said.

"Interesting," I said. "I never would have come here if you hadn't taken me. So thank you." Roger smiled and kissed me softly.

"Let's walk to the top," Roger said.

We walked up together, hand in hand, stopping at various spots along the way. We rocked on the rocks, splashing in the shallow water, and taking pictures in all the beautiful spots, which was pretty much everywhere. When we got to one particularly beautiful spot, Roger stopped and looked at me.

"Why are we stopping?" I asked Roger.

"I have to ask you something," Roger said. "But first, is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Bea," he said. "I know."

"Know what?" I asked.

"I know," he emphasized. "Just say it." I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"You know I'm pregnant?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "And you're ok with that?" I asked him.

"Ok with it?" Roger said. "I think it's wonderful! We're going to have a baby!" He smiled and kissed me passionately. I smiled back at him.

"I'm so glad you're happy," I said.

"Well I'd be even happier if we were doing this as a real family," Roger said. He suddenly got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. "Marry me, Bea," he said. "Let's be a real family." I gasped and smiled happily.

"Of course, I'll marry you!" I said. Roger smiled and stood up, putting the ring on my finger as he kissed me. I kissed him back and pulled away. I admired the ring on my finger as Roger kissed my forehead repeatedly and rubbed my belly softly.

"So," he said. "Boy or girl?"

"It's way too early to tell," I said with a light laugh. "But something tells me it's going to be a boy."

"What makes you think that?" Roger asked. I shrugged.

"Just a gut feeling," I said. Roger smiled and kissed me again. Life was good.