Prologue

A/N: 

"......" = narration

"......" = Talking/speech/communication

*.......* = description/scene

 '.......' = Inner thoughts

{"......"} = Language of Falmart

[.......] = Radio transmission/conversation

Date, Time, Location

"Earth: the embodiment of all living things within the Sol system known to be within the Milky Way. A planet born 4.6 billion years ago, that prospered with the wildlife of the prehistoric times. Then came the end of such times from a meteor from beyond the stars. A meteor that extinguished all life above the surface, but at last, the cockroaches survived along with many small insects. From here came the first beginning of Man. Man's coexistence in this new world has brought many events soon to change evolution. From there man found the curious foundation of creation. Through creation came industrialization, through industrialization comes the revolution, through the revolution comes integrity; und so forth. Man has gone through numerous events of time in history that has pushed for its survival. From the Great War to the Second World War, Vietnam, then to the War on Terror. Through these collective events in humanity's time, came the everlasting Cycle of Hatred."

"Then impossible occurred, humanity find itself united under a single banner for the first time in centuries: The United Earth Government. The exploration of space travel with the help of the space innovations and groups within the 21st Century helped to manifest the needed drives to allow us to travel from our planet's stratosphere and beyond. Honestly, I myself do not known the inner workings and the space and time warp of the FTL drives, but fuck me its as beautiful as seeing hyperspace since Star Wars. Of course no people were without uproar and outcry, the expansion and creation of the United Nations Space Command didn't come without its flaws. Like all empires, even of the Feudal Era of Japan, rebellions came to light. And like all conflicts, it was bloody. But I'm not here to bore you with the factual and historical concepts, that's why libraries exist. Yet it does not mean I do not appreciate it for all its worth, after all, I was born through Earth just as the rest of humanity was. I got every reason to give it my all, even when all seems lost and hopeless. Damn, if the human spirit still lives even in death, then I sure wish to be a part of it."

October 21st, 2552

17:35:07

Earth, Sol System

New Mombasa, Kilo-Two-Three Sector

Corporal Jack Frost, Bravo-Two-Charlie

Bravo Company 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines; 1st Marine Regiment

"Earth, humanity's stronghold, anything and everything we have established, earned, thrived, and fought for; originates here. At the heart of the human spirit, were the famed and missing hands of the UNSC Spirit of Fire would come to have the rolling passion to fight above Harvest. Chasing the mad dogs of the Covenant one Corvette at a time. Captain Cutter was a mean SOB and one hell of a navy man. Just as much as Captain Keyes was when he commended the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, but frankly, I didn't expect to find myself fighting alongside the two men that would survive the horrors of Halo: Sierra-117 and Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson. Under the command of the late captain's daughter Miranda Keyes, just how lucky are we marines?"

*The savanna of Africa is something that earns the humid and density of the weather and sun. Coarse to some, but the right amount of urban and safari feel. Currently, a Covenant CAS-class assault carrier broke through our defense platforms around Earth, so it now it was time for the Corps to shine. The purr and roar of M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle sounds as its hops and bounces off the asphalt of the freeway system. The suspension system taking the full brunt of the shock as they smooth sail and pass around discarded debris or abandoned vehicles. Countless other Warthogs following alongside with their gunners itching for a fight. Three D77 Troop Carrier Pelicans high above them in a spear pattern with the lead pelican carrying Johnson and his team.*