Prologue

∞THE RETURN OF THE MATE- PROLOGUE∞ (STATUS: Halfly Edited?)

   “She’s coming back” Trevor, the Beta said, he didn’t need to remind him because he got the news three nights ago and it bothered him so much. Raphael hoped that the girl won’t affect him but that’s impossible. The girl, Alexandra, will return and she is his mate- the mate he rejected.

     “Who’s coming back?” Raphael asked as if he doesn’t know. He stared at the fireplace, the woods cracked and burned in the cold night.

     “Alexandra Pierce” Trevor said and the name made him shiver. The wolf inside him was in joy but him?, his human self is beyond scared of what is about to happen when he faces her. The girl flew away the day he rejected her. It was painful for him, not only the wolf inside was hurt but also his human self. But Raphael can’t have a Luna like her, the pack can’t have Luna like Alexandra. She’s too young, too weak and too small.

     Raphael has to do the right thing: to marry Sierra, the daughter of William the Alpha of the West Lake Pack. Sierra is mateless and so they got married in the terms of the Wolf Law. When they got married, the two packs are combined into one and became the world’s largest pack. The pack became stronger but Raphael felt weak in the first few weeks when he got married to Sierra, he knew that it was because of the rejection. His wolf couldn’t take it, rejection can kill both mates. Surprisingly, he survived and Alexandra also did.

     “They’re coming tomorrow” Alexandra is coming back to the pack, not only her but the Pierces. When Trevor mentioned the word tomorrow, Raphael became more nervous. How could she face that girl? He’s not yet prepared and he knows that he’ll never be.

     “You don’t have to inform me, Trevor.” Raphael stood up. “I don’t give a fuck” he said and walk to the door. It was a half lie, he still cares. His wolf cares and inside, he also wonders what would Alexandra look like. It’s been two years and she’s also eighteen.

    “Just want to warn you Raphael, and really? You don’t ‘give a fuck’ about her anymore?” Trevor questioned him. Raphael turned to face his Beta, he plastered an arrogant smirk on his face and answered Trevor: “I’m married Trevor and yes, I don’t care about her anymore. I’ve moved on”

     “Of course, you’ve moved on. That’s really possible because everyone knows-every wolf knows that one can’t simply or can never move on from a mate” Trevor walked passed him and opened the door, before exiting his office he turned to face Raphael again.

      “We both now that you still ‘give a fuck’ about her, Alpha” And he still does.