Blackbird

I walked into my quiet warm house. The lights were all off and I slowly walked up the stairs.

"Blackbird singing at the dead of night"

I smiled and took the last step, and then turned the opposite way of my bedroom, and down to the second door on the right.

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly"

I loosened my tie, and rolled up my sleeves, leaning against the door jamb. The only light shined warmly from the lamp.

"You were only waiting for this moment to arise."

I smiled at my beautiful wife, she had shorts and one of my old college T-shirt's, rocking gently in the rocking chair in the corner of the nursery. Her hand on top of her big round belly.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night"

She hadn't noticed me yet, she was singing softly, a blanket over her lap as she balanced her hands on her belly.

"Take these sunken eyes and learn to see"

She looked up but didn't stop singing. I smirked at her she dipped her head and her long wavy hair dropped in front of her.

"All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free."

I pushed off the door jamb and walked forward.

"Blackbird fly, black bird fly. Into the light of the dark black night."

I dropped into a crouch in front of her.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night."

She leaned back, and held her hands out for me. I took them.

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly."

She lead my hands to where our son was lightly pushing his feet into her belly.

"All your life.."

I leaned over and kissed her.

"You were only waiting for this moment to arise." We both murmured.

"You were only waiting for this moment to arise." I sang, dancing my fingers over her bump.

"You were only waiting for this moment to arise." She whispered.

I sat back on the ottoman and smiled at my wife.

"Welcome home." She whispered.

"You are a sight for sore eyes, my love."

She blushed, but her lip, and closed her eyes, leaning back and cradling her belly.

"A sight for sore eyes, Blackbird." I whispered.

"Blackbird singing at the dead of night." She mumbled.